Home

When will Playstation 4 users get the ability to view Signature Highlights?

This is a discussion on When will Playstation 4 users get the ability to view Signature Highlights? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: When will Playstation 4 users get the ability to view Signature Highlights?

At minimum- 2k17 could/should write code to clear cache at halftime in-game
Old 01-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Are you guys talking about the individual player highlights after the game? I know you can press "Triangle" on particular players in the stats screen but if it only works on 7 minutes and up thats weird. I swear I saw highlights before on a 6 minute game but just not online.

Am I speaking of the same highlight reel?

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 01-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
PS4 users haven't been able to view signature highlights on 7 minute quarters and above consistently since 2K14 next gen. We've heard that this has something to do with how the PS4 caches information. Whatever reason, we're caught in the middle. I'm not making this thread to debate who to blame, but at this point, can we maybe find an alternative to how these highlights are stored so we can view them?

this has been one of my favorite aspects of presentation since 2k8 and it sucks to have had it limited 3 years straight...

I'm putting this out here now while 2K17 is in the baby stages..
I wonder why 2k and Sony can't work together on the issue to get it resolved? 2k's Presentation is second to none and it's sad that you have to just through hoops (no pun intended) to get one of their best presentation features to work properly. I'm tempted to switch to XB1 next year, but it's a Catch 22 since PS4 usually gets patches earlier.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Are you guys talking about the individual player highlights after the game? I know you can press "Triangle" on particular players in the stats screen but if it only works on 7 minutes and up thats weird. I swear I saw highlights before on a 6 minute game but just not online.

Am I speaking of the same highlight reel?
It only works on 6 minutes and under. Thats why you can see it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
It has to do with Sony's storage rules for a game. Microsoft allocates 5GB for "reserved space" for every video-game. I'm not sure about Sony's.

When a play that 2K deems as a "signature play", it has to save that play in video form to a storage device so that it can be grabbed at the end of the game. The problem with that is that for games 7 min or longer, it sometimes can have too many "signature plays". Meaning that the temporary storage space Sony allocated to the game has run out. So instead of 2K keeping the signature play feature and only showing the plays from quarter 1-3, they scrap is all together when this problem occurs.

It's not 2K's fault. This is not happening on the Xbox One version. 2K does not have it out for Sony and PS4 users. If they could do it, then I'm fairly certain they would.
Sony offers 5gb's as well and GDDR5 has a larger bus aka bandwidth. Y'all really need to stop guessing at stuff and just do some research. GDDR5 bandwidth is larger than DDR3 period all this cache is the problem or holding memory is a problem is just cannon fodder. PC's running this game with with 4Gb of memory has the highlights and PS4 has PC arch with some custom parts. It's a priority issue that is all.

I can play an 13 inning game of MLB that last damn near 2 hours and every play is held in cache without a problem, I can suspend play and resume it 2 days later and it's still there. Don't give me recording the game because the PS4 handles recording and streaming with it's own chip that cost the devs nothing.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 01-12-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Sony offers 5gb's as well and GDDR5 has a larger bus aka bandwidth. Y'all really need to stop guessing at stuff and just do some research. GDDR5 bandwidth is larger than DDR3 period all this cache is the problem or holding memory is a problem is just cannon fodder. PC's running this game with with 4Gb of memory has the highlights and PS4 has PC arch with some custom parts. It's a priority issue that is all.

I can play an 13 inning game of MLB that last damn near 2 hours and every play is held in cache without a problem, I can suspend play and resume it 2 days later and it's still there. Don't give me recording the game because the PS4 handles recording and streaming with it's own chip that cost the devs nothing.
Yea, MLB has every play to view, plus the full highlight reel, no matter how long it has been.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

This needs to be a priority for someone working on NBA 2K17. Please. We've been without POTG highlights for three years running now on PS4.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #16
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65

Yes, you're correct. GDDR5 is faster than DDR3. But let's take a look at the break down of RAM between the systems. The RAM is split up and dedicated to certain portions of the machine.

Xbox One - 8GB DDR3
3GB for OS
5GB for Game

PS4 - 8GB GDDR5
2GB for OS
4GB for Game
2GB Video Processing

So either that 1GB of RAM that PS4 is missing dedicated to the game is the problem, or just that 2k has not taken upon themselves to implement the use of Sony's own video processing RAM.

That would explain why MLB - The Show allows you to view any play, because well that game is published by Sony.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syste...mory-30982796/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »