Home

Played the #3 team in Pro Am yesterday... (PS4)

This is a discussion on Played the #3 team in Pro Am yesterday... (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Played the #3 team in Pro Am yesterday... (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yep, see the same thing almost 100% on Xbox.

Used to be a top 100 team until we got too many losses (I don't play games were ANY one of us lags out) I play to play with my friends irl and if we win it's cool but it's not that serious...but I digress lol

Them teams really aren't good at basketball, they're "good" at 2K; at finding the exploits and nuances and once you learn how to counter one team doing it you can gameplan for probably all the top 50 teams lol.

We played probably I'd say 10 games from the top 100 teams and a couple of the top 15 the best being number 9.

Honestly without lying we won all but the first one. Like I said, we couldn't figure out how to counter the things they were doing.

We got me as a 7'3 center and my friend's a 7' center. I put it on my son I refuse to get outplayed at the center position lol, I go for 20 and 20+ in them games because just like in real life there's nothing you can do to counter a dominant center on offense or defense.

If you don't got two REALLY GOOD big men on your team you're going to lose 99.9% of the team. And they both gotta know how to board and rotate, and limit turnovers. No scoring in the paint, no post ups. All your opportunities gotta be off the glass or in transition or off a good cut.
The second you post up it's getting ripped by someone doubling.
You also gotta have a couple sharpshooters that'll make the D pay for gambling.
And your point has to be smart at setting up the offense and getting back on defense. The pg should almost never drive against these teams, because regardless his matchup is gonna leak either off a make or miss it don't matter.
Exactly Fam !!! I hate sometimes not being able to post up in games like this . You hit the nail on the head with this post
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like someone said before in 2k, the best player/squad is those who know how to exploit the game not because their skill/knowledge of basketball.

Until 2k doesnt add a stamina system this turbo fest wont stop. With a proper system half of the crap will be gone. You can run from the right side of the court to the left side in less than 2 seconds, making the court so small that is easy to double the big man and run back in time to contest the shot. Or just run to the handballer and try to get a steal. But the best one is being able to sprint at the same speed in a fastbreak in the 1st quarter as in the 4th.

In FIFA if you keep running until your stamina drops to zero you'll get injured and be out of the game lol.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't play online, but it's sad to me that H2H teams that have the best success are constructed by having the best "builds", in a take down a raid boss in a MMO like Guild Wars 2 kind of way. "Looking for cherry-picking PG, with great stealing skills."

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #12
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I don't think the top teams will ever use real basketball tactics.

At the end of the day, this is a video game and video games will be exploited for what works.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #13
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Exactly Fam !!! I hate sometimes not being able to post up in games like this . You hit the nail on the head with this post
Yea us bigs usually get how the game works the best.

Most bigs are actually better passers than guards, because we get forced to playmake from the post cuz of all the hands on us lol

It gets to a point sometimes where I just wanna give up, even if I'm having a monster game. It's cool getting 20 points but when they're all off dunks it's like I'm no better than them. I wanna show them how to actually play big, most centers have no idea how to do basic hooks lol.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I don't think the top teams will ever use real basketball tactics.

At the end of the day, this is a video game and video games will be exploited for what works.
If 2K:

1) Lowered the outlet pass accuracy/reception ease

2) Increased the rate of fatigue, especially for heavy turbo users

3) Globally reduced every player's speed/acceleration

4) Increased the size of the court

5) Increased the likelihood of the ball coming loose when spamming size ups and dribble moves into a defender's body

Then real basketball tactics would be a lot more effective in Pro Am.

Until then, I expect to get cheesed to death every single game in Pro Am, especially against teams in the top 1000 rankings.

If nothing changes between now and the Road to the Finals tournament, then I expect the championship game to be an ugly game of 2K with no resemblance to real basketball, just like the final game was in last year's head to head tournament where it was nothing but trapping zones and alley oop spam.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #15
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If 2K:

1) Lowered the outlet pass accuracy/reception ease

2) Increased the rate of fatigue, especially for heavy turbo users

3) Globally reduced every player's speed/acceleration

4) Increased the size of the court

5) Increased the likelihood of the ball coming loose when spamming size ups and dribble moves into a defender's body

Then real basketball tactics would be a lot more effective in Pro Am.

Until then, I expect to get cheesed to death every single game in Pro Am, especially against teams in the top 1000 rankings.

If nothing changes between now and the Road to the Finals tournament, then I expect the championship game to be an ugly game of 2K with no resemblance to real basketball, just like the final game was in last year's head to head tournament where it was nothing but trapping zones and alley oop spam.
^^^Because of all that I scoff/chuckle at every mention of "esports" coming to 2K.

The "top" players who'll be showcased are going to really look bad if they broadcast or have highlights on youtube, and I don't see how that'll make the game look good or entice less cheesy players into playing the game.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 12:26 AM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
^^^Because of all that I scoff/chuckle at every mention of "esports" coming to 2K.

The "top" players who'll be showcased are going to really look bad if they broadcast or have highlights on youtube, and I don't see how that'll make the game look good or entice less cheesy players into playing the game.
They are only going to look bad to a very small portion of their customer base. The majority of the people who buy the game will probably eat that stuff up and be insanely envious of those players and their tactics.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »