Home

Pro-AM Problems

This is a discussion on Pro-AM Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Pro-AM Problems

Anyone else feel that pro-am is very slow paced in terms of going to the free throw line? referees take so damm long to just get in position and pass the damm ball to the shooter like damm lol.

Players also feel slow to get in position not only at the free throw line, but to inbound.

Timeouts are abused sometimes, its pretty annoying.

I feel like players that barely get the ball are at a disavantage grade wise.
You do something wrong and your grade takes a big hit, but how can you make up for it big time if you barely get the ball? kind of unfair.

Everyone agrees that it feels dead, no crowd, old news.

Overall it just feels like games should be faster, i don't want to have to feel like its taking an eternity, it doesn't feel responsive enough, feels sluggish.

The leaderboard thing is also useless, i don't care about seeing other players, show the stats off the game, maybe players leading in scoring, assists, rebounding, IN THE GAME, we are playing.

Don't get me wrong i love the mode and how far 2k has come, but i just think that it could be so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Pro-AM Problems

Definitely agree with ft's etc need to be sped up, same for mycareer btw with all the cuts and stuff that you can only skip after a second or two. It's not a big deal, just annoying.

"I feel like players that barely get the ball are at a disavantage grade wise."
I have to disagree. As a big this is the easiest of course, by just boxing out, setting picks and generally playing actual basketball i'll usually have my A+ after the first quarter even if i haven't scored a single point. But even as a guard/wing it's perfectly doable, just takes a little longer. If you try to play actual basketball you'll usually get grade boosts like "good spacing", "force pick up", "fill lane correctly", "good defensive possession", "good transition offense/defense", "force turnover" etc all game long. You don't need the ball for any of those. I often have games where after 1-2 quarters i'll have something unspectacular like 2p - 4r - 3a - 1b - 1s with an A+, then i check the box score and there's guys with 20 points and a C.

"Everyone agrees that it feels dead, no crowd, old news."
Yes, although it's by far my favorite mode and i'll keep playing it all year i hope in the future walk on won't be played in a generic gym. I would prefer a wide variety of in/outdoor courts with small crowds (50-100 people or so, not actual players of course just cpu puppets). Obviously refs/rules and difficulty level needs to stay the way it is now, i just want to see some eye candy not another jordan rec/park type deal. Doesn't even have to be real life courts like rucker, venice beach or terminal. Just let the art department use some creativity, forest, desert, beach, park, on top of a building, on a cruise ship, hell, even on a fictional moon base for all i care as long as gameplay stays the same as it is now. This way they could even incorporate rep (which in it's current park form i hate btw) without it affecting gameplay. Let's say there's five standard courts and each time you go up a level in rep you get 2 more courts you can play on. They could call it something like "nba world tour" instead of "walk on" and add commentary as well. Preferably different announcers but the default commentary crew would be just fine as well.

Overall it just feels like games should be faster, i don't want to have to feel like its taking an eternity, it doesn't feel responsive enough, feels sluggish.

"The leaderboard thing is also useless, i don't care about seeing other players, show the stats off the game, maybe players leading in scoring, assists, rebounding, IN THE GAME, we are playing."
Just press the "options" button (on ps4) during a dead moment. Adding a ticker or something showing off stats might lead to more ballhogging from certain people. I wouldn't be opposed to it but i do believe that could be a consequence. Not that it would be a majority or anything, i hope.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 01-13-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Pro-am as Walk-on has a terrible atmosphere and no incentive to play.

The stats are broken, so at the very least a pop-up graphic of stats (and player of the game) of the current game being played would be nice.

An ability to choose courts with crowds is desperately needed. Why not let us choose a gym to play in? Or even better - let us use someone's custom team's court (like in Proam as Team).
Old 01-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I should add that Pro-Am as team is a lot of fun where the only difference is that there is a crowd and custom courts/teams.

If i could play Pro-am Team all the time, I would, but it can take so long to gather 3-5 friends to be able to join that it is sometimes easier to just play as a Walk-On.

I don't think people understand that just because walk-on is more convenient, doesn't mean it has to be more boring - it's the mode more people are likely to play due to how much faster it is to find a quick game.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:22 PM   #5
Pro

"I feel like players that barely get the ball are at a disavantage grade wise."

Yea actually i do all that, its not a big deal in actuality, the reason i said it was to benefit people who play good without the ball, sometimes you just do one bad thing, and its like the positives didn't even matter.

As in, i wouldn't decrease a players grade if the positives outweight the negatives by quite a lot, get me?

But well its not a big deal.

"Everyone agrees that it feels dead, no crowd, old news."

Totally agree, the future is bright no doubt

"The leaderboard thing is also useless, i don't care about seeing other players, show the stats off the game, maybe players leading in scoring, assists, rebounding, IN THE GAME, we are playing."

You make a good point, i didn't think of it like that because well, am not like that.

Instead i thought of it as making "recruiting" for a team easier, or just making people notice how solid your playing to hopefully ignite some partnerships, get me?.

I don't know, id say more positives could come out of it, ballhogs sadly will never fade no matter what one does.

Btw, anyone who wants to run some games feel free to leave your PSN

XGuardianAngelzx- PSN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
Banned

Everything about the game, in every mode, should take way less time. So much extra stuff that you can skip.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »