Home

NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
"The game has something for eveyone", except for those that love defense.
The game is good, but this is the first year that I disagree with NBA2k being game of the year.
Again, the defensive game clearly does not work as intended, its to the point that its maddening.

maybe there is a difference between the console versions and the pc version.
2k15 can hold me over till next year.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
PES should have been an honorable mention. It's the better game of the two, FIFA and PES. If presentation improves in PES 17, watch out.
Too many goals for me, although the game is really fun and the AI is unreal for the CPU. I just hate constantly having 4-2 games when I'm only playing for 15 minutes. The goals just aren't very rewarding because the keepers are so awful and the shooting is so OP'd.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More (Roundtable)

First off: to each their own. If you love the NBA 2K series, and have loads of fun playing it, I'm not here to argue. It is funny, though, how people can have such widely varied opinions. I've been playing sports video games since the 80's, and the last few NBA 2K games have been some of the worst and most frustrating I've ever played. The collision detection is PS2 level (yesterday, I had my arm pass through a CPU player, like I was as insubstantial as a puff of smoke), the offense, even at higher difficulty levels is far too easy for both CPU and human players (games where both teams shoot in the high 50% to over 60% range are very common), and like MLB The Show, these issues that have been around for years, never seem to be corrected. If NBA 2K really is the best sports game this year, it shows how stale and boring sports games have become.
Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by sportsgamer5761; 01-14-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #12
Rookie

Badasi12b's Arena

Geez that game is overrated. I literally couldn't play anything but play now and blacktop offline! I COULDN'T PLAY THE GAME TO ITS FULLEST! Game needs separate reviews... offline vs online. Not everyone has high speed internet yet.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #13
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

At lest 2k16 get one award, for some reason all the other website decided the best sports game was a game where a car played football
Old 01-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

In the complain first culture we live in, you're not going to get many universally praised sports games....and in some cases 2k simply isn't for some people which I can understand...

but for a guy like me who lives a good game of bball...SGOTY is well deserved...good bounce back after 2K15 left a bit of a bad taste...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-14-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #15
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
Geez that game is overrated. I literally couldn't play anything but play now and blacktop offline! I COULDN'T PLAY THE GAME TO ITS FULLEST! Game needs separate reviews... offline vs online. Not everyone has high speed internet yet.

lol get your internet game up fam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
There are several modes you can play offline. What was wrong with MyCareer, MyGM, and MyLeague? Why couldn't you play those?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »