Home

Hall of Fame - Vince Carter?

This is a discussion on Hall of Fame - Vince Carter? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Hall of Fame - Vince Carter?

I was wondering is there a way to get Vince Carter into the Hall of Fame in NBA 2K16?
When I've simulated he hasn't made it like Kobe, Pierce, R Allen and others do when I finish my first year. If I got him to average 20 a game or make the All-Star team would that be enough or is it not possible?

Also, I play shorter season to get thru more years, but haven't seen hardly anyone after the first few years make the hall of fame, is it because they dont play as many games (shouldn't making at least 10 all-star games and winning a MVP be enough?)? What can I do to get a couple of guys in each year for 10+ years later (guys like Irving, Wall, Wiggins, KAT, or Simmons)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Hall of Fame - Vince Carter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I was wondering is there a way to get Vince Carter into the Hall of Fame in NBA 2K16?
When I've simulated he hasn't made it like Kobe, Pierce, R Allen and others do when I finish my first year. If I got him to average 20 a game or make the All-Star team would that be enough or is it not possible?

Also, I play shorter season to get thru more years, but haven't seen hardly anyone after the first few years make the hall of fame, is it because they dont play as many games (shouldn't making at least 10 all-star games and winning a MVP be enough?)? What can I do to get a couple of guys in each year for 10+ years later (guys like Irving, Wall, Wiggins, KAT, or Simmons)?
Carter makes it for me sometimes, and sometimes he doesn't, it's very hit or miss.

To your other point, if you play shorter seasons, when your best players stats are compared to current Hall of famers, the numbers aren't going to come close to comparison. Probably why you're not seeing guys make it even with the accolades.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

For me he has made it every time, even when he was in free agency for a year. I don't know how or why it works.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Carter makes it for me sometimes, and sometimes he doesn't, it's very hit or miss.

To your other point, if you play shorter seasons, when your best players stats are compared to current Hall of famers, the numbers aren't going to come close to comparison. Probably why you're not seeing guys make it even with the accolades.

It's kind of dumb if guys don't make it because of shorter seasons (Come on 2K, you give us shorter season options, you should know to have things like this work out). They should make it because of career averages, All-Star appearances, All-NBA selections and stuff. If they have enough of those the game should select them even if they didn't play as many games.

- So what gets them to make it to the hall of fame on the game? Is it mostly career totals of points, rebounds, and assists? Or is the other stuff I listed pretty important as well?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
It's kind of dumb if guys don't make it because of shorter seasons (Come on 2K, you give us shorter season options, you should know to have things like this work out). They should make it because of career averages, All-Star appearances, All-NBA selections and stuff. If they have enough of those the game should select them even if they didn't play as many games.

- So what gets them to make it to the hall of fame on the game? Is it mostly career totals of points, rebounds, and assists? Or is the other stuff I listed pretty important as well?
In my honest opinion, I think it's mostly totals that play the major factor in hof determination. I could be wrong, that's just the trend I see

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
In my honest opinion, I think it's mostly totals that play the major factor in hof determination. I could be wrong, that's just the trend I see

Ok, thanx for the response.

A little while back I simulated 20+ years. I got a few into the hall of fame, but no-one most of the years. So if you win several MVPs that should get you in, but had guys with 10+ All-Star appearance and several 1st teams awards not get in (even with 1 MVP award).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »