Home

Please Fix Defensive Assist Stregnth

This is a discussion on Please Fix Defensive Assist Stregnth within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Please Fix Defensive Assist Stregnth

*Regarding MyPark*
Defensive Assist Strength- -5
Box out Assist Strength- 0
Who To Guard- Off

I'm not sure if this is an issue in other game modes but MyPark is a mess at times. Can this please be addressed or looked into before the next patch (if there is one)? Even with these settings I'm constantly getting assistance on defense when I don't need it. It's hurting more than it's helping at this point. The game tends to drag me in a direction that I don't wanna go or it constantly tries to switch match ups even if the other opposing player is on the opposite side of the court. I've tried to lightly hold LT to see if that would make a difference but no luck. If anybody knows a solution feel free to let me know. Definitely something 2k needs to look into though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Please Fix Defensive Assist Stregnth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
*Regarding MyPark*
Defensive Assist Strength- -5
Box out Assist Strength- 0
Who To Guard- Off

I'm not sure if this is an issue in other game modes but MyPark is a mess at times. Can this please be addressed or looked into before the next patch (if there is one)? Even with these settings I'm constantly getting assistance on defense when I don't need it. It's hurting more than it's helping at this point. The game tends to drag me in a direction that I don't wanna go or it constantly tries to switch match ups even if the other opposing player is on the opposite side of the court. I've tried to lightly hold LT to see if that would make a difference but no luck. If anybody knows a solution feel free to let me know. Definitely something 2k needs to look into though
I just made a similar post to this.... It feels like the dude you're guarding has a magnet on him that just drags you around.

I HATE this ****, it's awful. It feels like I can't go where I want.

You can actually exploit it too when you're on Offense and help create open lanes by dragging your defender out of the way.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I just made a similar post to this.... It feels like the dude you're guarding has a magnet on him that just drags you around.

I HATE this ****, it's awful. It feels like I can't go where I want.

You can actually exploit it too when you're on Offense and help create open lanes by dragging your defender out of the way.
Exactly. People are hip to this in the stage and abuse it on the 2v2 courts. Definitely needs to be fixed asap
Old 01-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

HATE getting pulled by the "WHO TO GUARD" Sometimes I want to rotate on D, and play on-ball my own way. Also can't efficiently block someone cutting that you're not supposed to be guarding.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

They should give us the option to turn it off, seems easy enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #6
MVP

This has been one of 2K's many legacy issues for years. Things like sucking you into animations, being stuck in mud when you have a clear step on the defender, input lag, dragging/sliding your player into position, magnetic force fields, defenders recovering too quickly when beat off the dribble, warping, player clipping, ball morphing, etc... are all major problems that continue to hinder this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »