Home

Coaching Carousel in MyLeague/MyGM

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel in MyLeague/MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3
Coaching Carousel in MyLeague/MyGM

Just wanted to gauge the opinion of people on here concerning the coaching carousel that was added in this years game.

I think the idea was well implemented, but IMO, I'm seeing way too many A rated scouts that are available in the free-agent coaching pool in the off-season. Literally every team in the NBA would be better off firing their current scout and hiring one from free-agency in the off-season. Has anybody else noticed this?

There should be way fewer guys that are rated A, and those that are should be commanding a lot of money. When hiring an A rated scout, its possible to scout the entire first round of the draft to 100%, which takes some of the strategy out of scouting.

I find the interface is a bit lacking as well; it's not entirely clear which coaches are currently with an NBA team, and which ones are free-agents. Which ones are happy with their current teams? Which ones are not? Which ones want to move up in rank or be promoted? Which ones want to leave their current roles? As it stands right now, all of these factors are really tough to determine.

I feel like the mode is great in theory, but something is lacking. It doesn't feel involving enough when it comes time to sign another coach for your team.

I will say I absolutely LOVE that retired NBA players are added to the coaching pool. It's a great touch; I'm sure everyone else agrees.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Maverick09; 01-23-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Carousel in MyLeague/MyGM

Loved having Kevin Garnett as assistant GM lol...

Wish there was an easily accessible way to resign your staff before they hit the pool of available personnel. And pretty much everything you said was spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »