Home

NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2016, 05:07 AM   #25
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched

Lol these guys are so mad they got called cheesers.. And it's true lol.. 1 min in and we see cherry picking with 7fters throwing full court passes with no problem. It's a flaw. And you guys along with a lot of others abuse it heavily.
And that's only with me watching 1 min lol I'm sure there's more..
It just proves the mode needs fixing wether you feel offended by it or not.

Last edited by Hopsin; 01-26-2016 at 05:09 AM. Reason: lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 05:43 AM   #26
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
Lol these guys are so mad they got called cheesers.. And it's true lol.. 1 min in and we see cherry picking with 7fters throwing full court passes with no problem. It's a flaw. And you guys along with a lot of others abuse it heavily.
And that's only with me watching 1 min lol I'm sure there's more..
It just proves the mode needs fixing wether you feel offended by it or not.
Thanks for your opinion Hopsin
Old 01-26-2016, 06:00 AM   #27
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched

I am sorry, but I have to side with the "cheesers" in this video.

I believe one of the so called "cheesers" that posted this was a bad team. You can pretty much tell from the video they are and it's usually people that isn't that good or understand the game that has these complaints but some are definitely valid.

1. The OP is complaining about the full court passes but his team or whoever the other team was could barely make any passes. So I am pretty sure they couldn't throw outlet passes. I don't see how that's the other teams fault. Most likely the person had low passing ability.

However, the full court passes should definitely be nerfed. That's ridiculous. Seems like it happens a lot more in ProAm compared to the park which is crazy because the court is longer. So I am guessing break starter or whatever that badge is needs to be nerfed.

2. I disagree w/ the offball charges. Used to be in 2K11 as well. I believe it should stay. If you understand the game, stop holding turbo running in the paint wildly. We used to have to do this even back then because of players constantly holding turbo trying to get lead passes. That cuts a lot of that out.

3. I don't have a problem w/ the strips especially in a regular game setting. It's called foul a lot of times.

4. The jump before you pass is somewhat of a issue. I am guessing it depends on your passing because some players will toss it way out of bounds doing this. But for a lot of players including me, I can jump pass out of a shot almost everytime without penalty. The success rate needs to be lower and also bobbled by the receiver a little more but not where almost every pass is flying over players head that's right by them. The error rate is already decent for players w/ no passing. Just decrease it a little for players w/ high passing somewhat.

5. I honestly didn't know changing your shot in midair was a complaint until now. I've never met anyone that abused this. I have acrobat and all of that and it's not OP from my experience. It gets blocked a lot actually for me but most likely because I am 6'0".

Oh and I definitely agree w/ some poster about badges. To get some gold badges I definitely think you should be on at least SuperStar or Hall of Fame. Enough w/ people going to rookie getting deadeye and etc. I don't even think you should earn badges unless you're at least on Pro or All Star. And when you do, it's only like bronze. Shouldn't have to pay to upgrade to gold. That just doesn't make any sense. I am a basic Posterizer (bronze) but I can pay some VC to be Vince Carter type dunker (Gold). You should have to meet an amount for each Bronze Silver and Gold.

For people that really do play on rookie, they don't really need badges anyways. They are playing on rookie lol.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 AM   #28
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I enjoy seeing the individuals being called out as cheesers have only been part of the OS community for a month at best. Either that or they are to embarrassed they don't want to post as their normal user names. My point being, stop being the pot that calls the kettle black. You deem people insufficiently knowledgeable about 2K because we haven't put in the time and effort you and your Squad has. I'd make the argument that you haven't put in the time to determine what the OS community feels about this type of gameplay.

And no one is impressed that you can take advantage of exploits better than a majority of players isn't something to brag about.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:25 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am sorry, but I have to side with the "cheesers" in this video.

I believe one of the so called "cheesers" that posted this was a bad team. You can pretty much tell from the video they are and it's usually people that isn't that good or understand the game that has these complaints but some are definitely valid.

1. The OP is complaining about the full court passes but his team or whoever the other team was could barely make any passes. So I am pretty sure they couldn't throw outlet passes. I don't see how that's the other teams fault. Most likely the person had low passing ability.

However, the full court passes should definitely be nerfed. That's ridiculous. Seems like it happens a lot more in ProAm compared to the park which is crazy because the court is longer. So I am guessing break starter or whatever that badge is needs to be nerfed.

]

2. I disagree w/ the offball charges. Used to be in 2K11 as well. I believe it should stay. If you understand the game, stop holding turbo running in the paint wildly. We used to have to do this even back then because of players constantly holding turbo trying to get lead passes. That cuts a lot of that out.

3. I don't have a problem w/ the strips especially in a regular game setting. It's called foul a lot of times.

4. The jump before you pass is somewhat of a issue. I am guessing it depends on your passing because some players will toss it way out of bounds doing this. But for a lot of players including me, I can jump pass out of a shot almost everytime without penalty. The success rate needs to be lower and also bobbled by the receiver a little more but not where almost every pass is flying over players head that's right by them. The error rate is already decent for players w/ no passing. Just decrease it a little for players w/ high passing somewhat.

5. I honestly didn't know changing your shot in midair was a complaint until now. I've never met anyone that abused this. I have acrobat and all of that and it's not OP from my experience. It gets blocked a lot actually for me but most likely because I am 6'0".

Oh and I definitely agree w/ some poster about badges. To get some gold badges I definitely think you should be on at least SuperStar or Hall of Fame. Enough w/ people going to rookie getting deadeye and etc. I don't even think you should earn badges unless you're at least on Pro or All Star. And when you do, it's only like bronze. Shouldn't have to pay to upgrade to gold. That just doesn't make any sense. I am a basic Posterizer (bronze) but I can pay some VC to be Vince Carter type dunker (Gold). You should have to meet an amount for each Bronze Silver and Gold.

For people that really do play on rookie, they don't really need badges anyways. They are playing on rookie lol.

Yup. Centers with 0 Playmaking make those passes shown in the video.

True, to an extent. OP pointed out 75 pass accuracy as bad, but that's the max for a center...?

This is a counter to the ease of getting into the paint. Stop using turbo.

It's a tad much. But as others have said, strips are high as a result of the ability to get to the basket so easily.

Jump passes are pretty bad. It's more so the fact that the animation leads you to believe that the offensive player should be screwed, but instead, gets out a perfect pass.

The rate that these modified shots go in could be looked at, but considering the situations OP described were of maxed players who were hot... this is to be expected.

YES. Definitely there should be an update to badge grinding in this game.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
And no one is impressed that you can take advantage of exploits better than a majority of players isn't something to brag about.
1. No break starter passes without defensive stops. Score, or get Offensive boards.

2. Don't exploit how easy it is to get into the paint. No need to draw charges then. (I even caught a "legit" charge he added)

3. Again, stopgap to help balance the ease of the getting to the basket. Stop taking off from further away from the basket and this won't happen as often.

4. Jump passes are really bad, and more penalties need to be added for them.

5. Rate of Acrobat shots going in could be looked at, but OP took samples of a blowout where the team was hot nearly the entire game.

You can't cheese without a basic understanding of basketball. And it's only cheese if there is no counter. As we've said before, watch a competitive game between top players. Cheese doesn't occur because it is stoppable and it gets stopped. And a more "typical" basketball game occurs.

Funny that OP only added our stalled half-court sets and not our good ones.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #31
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Yup. Centers with 0 Playmaking make those passes shown in the video.

True, to an extent. OP pointed out 75 pass accuracy as bad, but that's the max for a center...?

This is a counter to the ease of getting into the paint. Stop using turbo.

It's a tad much. But as others have said, strips are high as a result of the ability to get to the basket so easily.

Jump passes are pretty bad. It's more so the fact that the animation leads you to believe that the offensive player should be screwed, but instead, gets out a perfect pass.

The rate that these modified shots go in could be looked at, but considering the situations OP described were of maxed players who were hot... this is to be expected.

YES. Definitely there should be an update to badge grinding in this game.
Centers with 0 playmaking do not make those passes. You need break starter (14 playmaking)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #32
Just started!

Listen first of all operation sports, or jason young or whoever it is that I am speaking to directly this time. I am looking at a whole bunch of crying out here when it comes to the subject of cheesing. Personally those are ridiculous claims at best. Me and my team have played against all of the top teams in this years 2k pro am. There is a level of focus and a certain level of knowledge that you have to have (yes I said the word knowledge) when playing against a top team in the game you cannot just cheese the heck out of them. Cheesing implies that the move being referred to as cheese is completely unstoppable. That is clearly not the case by a long shot. Break starter can be stopped easily, you just get the hell back on defense. it just so happens that in this video the lesser team played against probably the greatest leak out artist in 2k was playing in that game. I can't stress enough to the operation sports community that the team we were playing against on that video is trash. ( i am not a harsh person at most times but in this instance the phrase applies) This team had no chance of beating us because they knew absolutely nothing about the game. The reason a lot of the plays look the way they did is because we were all playing around when we saw that we were playing a team that was not ready for what they were facing. It gets literally boring when you play a team that can't stop you from doing anything that you wish to do to them. So we play a game, who can leak out the fastest and beat twoonemac down the floor for the fast break dunk. Their bigs were absolutely terrible, they couldn't out rebound our big men, why the hell wouldn't we leak out and destroy them so they would quit and get the game over with faster. They were the ones who stayed for the complete annihilation of their souls in that game .

Long story short, if 2k really wants to fix this problem and have a competitive experience then give us what we all want. Match up the top teams with the top teams during a game. there is no way that we should have to message other team leaders and invite them into a party so we can hit the A button at the same time to get a match up. (That is stupid as hell right there) You shouldn't place the number 2 team against the 8 billionth in the world. what the heck do you think is going to happen in that instance. when duke plays a team outside of the top 25 in college basketball what happens to that other team? They get twisted and lose by 50. for jason young and his team of terrible players ranked 25000 in the world or probably worse to think they had a snow balls chance in hell at beating us or competing in a competitive game is ridiculous and asinine.

watch a game with top players and top teams before you judge the state of 2k, there are a lot of people who i know at the top of the food chain and we have nothing wrong with the game because everything that you people complain about can be stopped and is not an issue for the people who know how to play the game at a high level, this video paints an unfair representation of what the game is and is only from a perspective of a team that was outmatched from the word go

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »