Home

NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
all players ratings should be the same, when playing and starting these type of tournaments.
player ratings should increase or decrease based on how one plays in that said game. you get rewarded for playing smart -similar to the my player mode-from the first few releases.
winners of said matches get a set amount of points plus the experience points they accumulated during the game.
when they play the next match. the ratings should then be reset again for said match. and the process repeated. you get rewarded for wins and good game play. these points then get added to a cumulative total.
so technically a player could win and still lose points for poor game-play. and starting every match puts all players at the same level. skills and wins is what determines total points.

if I were a developer I would add a loss of points with known exploits. so that full court pass after basket for a layup is a known exploit. the player may score two points and could win the game, but f you code so that you lose overall user points. folks wouldnt use the exploit as much.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
all players ratings should be the same, when playing and starting these type of tournaments.
player ratings should increase or decrease based on how one plays in that said game. you get rewarded for playing smart -similar to the my player mode-from the first few releases.
winners of said matches get a set amount of points plus the experience points they accumulated during the game.
when they play the next match. the ratings should then be reset again for said match. and the process repeated. you get rewarded for wins and good game play. these points then get added to a cumulative total.
so technically a player could win and still lose points for poor game-play. and starting every match puts all players at the same level. skills and wins is what determines total points.

if I were a developer I would add a loss of points with known exploits. so that full court pass after basket for a layup is a known exploit. the player may score two points and could win the game, but f you code so that you lose overall user points. folks wouldnt use the exploit as much.
Interesting idea in a way, but I think just keeping everyone on the same ratings, period, would be a better way to go. It's so hard to find any semblance of balance right from the get go with so many attribute variables playing into this.

A reason I love the EASHL in NHL so much this year is because it's, if anything, at least balanced in terms of the player types and everything else because it's all stock "types" of players not players that have been customized to exploit weaknesses in the gameplay via each user.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best

Great article, and really simple solution too. Seems you almost put more thought into the system than 2K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #12
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Interesting idea in a way, but I think just keeping everyone on the same ratings, period, would be a better way to go. It's so hard to find any semblance of balance right from the get go with so many attribute variables playing into this.

A reason I love the EASHL in NHL so much this year is because it's, if anything, at least balanced in terms of the player types and everything else because it's all stock "types" of players not players that have been customized to exploit weaknesses in the gameplay via each user.
I like that idea. The first thing i thought of was The Golf Club, how there aren't any attributes.

Although I think that there would have to be options for each style thats already in the game. faceup 4, 3 and D wing, etc
Old 02-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #13
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

I'm starting to think that 2K facilitates cheesing to keep the casual consumer happy. There's just too many coincidences of them allowing garbage to take place.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #14
Pro

Brinkus's Arena

OVR: 1
Would like to say that having a player foul out with 2k's inept foul system caused my team to be DQ'd. 3 animation "blocking fouls" when he had clear position and 2 fouls when he only had the right stick up to guard his opponent plus an illegal screen caused him to boot.

Having each player pick 3 "perks"/badges needs to be a fix for next year, or get rid of them altogether for ProAm. Also, get rid of break starter. As much as my team's big men use it, it's straight cheese and not simulation basketball.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:51 AM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The best think that can happen IMO is for one team to win the championship easily utilizing a dizzying array of the most nonsensical exploits imaginable.

The hope is that someone making a complete mockery of the contest/game will get them to make fundamental change to the mode and to many gameplay aspects as well.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2016, 04:41 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkus
Would like to say that having a player foul out with 2k's inept foul system caused my team to be DQ'd. 3 animation "blocking fouls" when he had clear position and 2 fouls when he only had the right stick up to guard his opponent plus an illegal screen caused him to boot.

Having each player pick 3 "perks"/badges needs to be a fix for next year, or get rid of them altogether for ProAm. Also, get rid of break starter. As much as my team's big men use it, it's straight cheese and not simulation basketball.
IF we are doing that that i'm not paying an extra 50$ for VC at the start of 2k17 to make my player 99

... Never going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »