Home

Animated Intro Video

This is a discussion on Animated Intro Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #17
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Animated Intro Video

It's like some teaser trailer for a reallyyyy corny kids show about basketball tbh; my favorite intros were always the real life highlights too.

-Allen Iverson
Old 02-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #18
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I thought the intro trailer had some sort of loose connection to MyCareer. It doesn't.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 02-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #19
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
This is the point. How does a Franchise that hangs its hat on realism and loves to flash the words, 'Simulation Basketball', and the ''most realistic representation of the Xs & Os yet" lead off the game, first thing you see, with that.

Obviously it doesn't effect gaming experience, and can be skipped...but the point is. Who thinks that is a good idea? If there was a zombie mode, even though I wouldn't play it, at least that would make sense.

If you were truly trying to create a basketball simulation, how would this idea even of made it past the first week?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

The intro literally has nothing to do with gameplay development. Gameplay only works on gameplay. A LOT of kids play this game way more than us older sim heads, it seems foolish to me to want or expect everything catered to the smallest part of our fan base.

You guys talk a lot about 2k supposed to be sim this or sim that but hardly any other company devotes so much of their dev dollars to features and gameplay stuff that so few of thier audience can even appreciate.

I think this get's lost as people focus on calling us out for what in every other industry is considered good business.

Gameplay will always have a ton more that can be done each year but that doesn't mean that we didn't spend every available moment doing all we could to make the best most balanced game possible.

But the intro to any game we make has no correlation to the direction of the guys to put their all into the gameplay.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 02-07-2016, 02:25 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The intro literally has nothing to do with gameplay development. Gameplay only works on gameplay. A LOT of kids play this game way more than us older sim heads, it seems foolish to me to want or expect everything catered to the smallest part of our fan base.

You guys talk a lot about 2k supposed to be sim this or sim that but hardly any other company devotes so much of their dev dollars to features and gameplay stuff that so few of thier audience can even appreciate.

I think this get's lost as people focus on calling us out for what in every other industry is considered good business.

Gameplay will always have a ton more that can be done each year but that doesn't mean that we didn't spend every available moment doing all we could to make the best most balanced game possible.

But the intro to any game we make has no correlation to the direction of the guys to put their all into the gameplay.

If you use that video to market to kids, seeing how it is the first thing they see, gets them interested...then no mode that correlates to the video they just saw...that was specifically made to get them to want the game. That is what 2k considers good marketing? Seems deceptive actually.

So how does this, in any way make sense?

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 02-07-2016 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:47 AM   #21
Banned

Also glad to know that 2k considers marketing and catering to kids a top priority while simulation adult gamers are considered 'the smallest part of our fan base'...not sure if our full interests will ever be in their priorities.

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 02-07-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 03:31 AM   #22
Banned

With all of this said, I think that you Czar are one of the the depts in 2k that is pushing and advancing video games as an art.

I do believe that if you were in full charge of a simulation basketball game, I wouldn't be typing at 3:30am about it, I would be playing it.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

That can't be what you got out of that response...seriously?

I salute you for coming and chopping it up with us from time to time Czar....I couldn't do it man
Old 02-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Not the biggest 2k guy but seeing this along with the font/color and style of menus, Arcadish player models and overall look just gives this game a lack of adult and NBA quality. It looks and feels like an arcade game and could see it in a cabinet with Nba jam announcers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »