Home

Offball needs to actually have a consequence

This is a discussion on Offball needs to actually have a consequence within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Offball needs to actually have a consequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbin
Or you can make more excuses for playing off ball instead of manning up. Press a when the shot goes up and then battle for a board. Backdoor cuts are all but a moot point with those settings.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im not looking to get any behavior excused lmao. I paid 65 bucks for my game and I can play it however I choose. I dont subscribe to the 'be everyone, do everything' macho mentality and all the pleading in the world to 'man up' wont change that.

I play safety on Madden and I play center on 2k and I enjoy it
Old 06-10-2016, 12:25 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 8

Only fools think that on-ball D is the only way to play. This ain't ISO ball era, screens and ball movement are a huge part of the game, and players who can thrive off-ball are commodities in the NBA.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Im not looking to get any behavior excused lmao. I paid 65 bucks for my game and I can play it however I choose. I dont subscribe to the 'be everyone, do everything' macho mentality and all the pleading in the world to 'man up' wont change that.

I play safety on Madden and I play center on 2k and I enjoy it
You still can't understand why safety in madden is different than center in 2k?

Ever hear of that town pond where everybody used to fish?

The town put out a law that said that each house could only catch 1 fish per day.

Well, you see, nobody enforced that law. And people realized that you could catch more fish and have more food for your family.

What ends up happening? The pond runs out of fish and everybody is sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, nobody is stopping [you] players from playing in such a fashion that is annoying, skill-less and completely detrimental to the experience.

What's should happen is that playing off-ball should not be something that a skilled player chooses to do.

What ends up happening is that you simply annoy and alienate people who have to play against it.

The much better solution, is to make players who do this lose. This should not be a winning tactic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 12:30 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Only fools think that on-ball D is the only way to play. This ain't ISO ball era, screens and ball movement are a huge part of the game, and players who can thrive off-ball are commodities in the NBA.
There's a difference between hiding completely by never guarding the ball. And making the adjustments needed by switching players.

This is referring to the former.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #53
Banned

Offball needs to actually have a consequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
There's a difference between hiding completely by never guarding the ball. And making the adjustments needed by switching players.

This is referring to the former.

Exactly. Off ball at times is necessary. The fast break cheeser is pretty common this year. So what I do RIGHT AWAY press right button to bring up the icons and then left bumper to do furthest person back and sprint back and beat any sort of layup or dunk. Once it's in a half court set I go on ball.

Also on Xbox it doesn't show who is being controlled on defense.

And no off ball (the kind where it's THE WHOLE GAME) does not take any skill this year. Let's stop alluding to that. If it was harder how come every time you beat someone on two to three plays where they moved their feet wrong they'll go RIGHT to all off ball and just get beat in the boring general offline superstar sim way.

Maybe just learn to shuffle your feet better in game and cut off angles instead of trying to justify a bad game mechanic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #54
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
You still can't understand why safety in madden is different than center in 2k?

Ever hear of that town pond where everybody used to fish?

The town put out a law that said that each house could only catch 1 fish per day.

Well, you see, nobody enforced that law. And people realized that you could catch more fish and have more food for your family.

What ends up happening? The pond runs out of fish and everybody is sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, nobody is stopping [you] players from playing in such a fashion that is annoying, skill-less and completely detrimental to the experience.

What's should happen is that playing off-ball should not be something that a skilled player chooses to do.

What ends up happening is that you simply annoy and alienate people who have to play against it.

The much better solution, is to make players who do this lose. This should not be a winning tactic.
Did everyone here miss the bold above?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Did everyone here miss the bold above?

thats a TERRIBLE analogy lmmfao. Im not exhausting a finite resource by playing as the center on NBA 2k16

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #56
Banned

I like how its sim someone to iso dribble for 20 secs until you lose a defender and never run plays but not sim to control all your players on defense. Only being an occasional player in the 5 on 5 modes it seems like whining to me.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »