Home

Will we get another gameplay patch in 2k16 ?

This is a discussion on Will we get another gameplay patch in 2k16 ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #1
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
Will we get another gameplay patch in 2k16 ?

And do you think its really needed ?

Things I'd like to be improved:

- Transition defense. Can't stress enough about it, cpu defenders does everything to allow cherry pick dunks/layps on transition , even after you have scored.

- Players going cold/hot too randomly. I don't get why my player suddenly get cold , even while having pretty good game. Terms, when player gets cold or hot should be more clear and logical.

- Chase down contesting too powerful . You get wide open lane for dunk/layup and anybody is able to make last ditch block or a contest that makes you miss an easy layup. On the other hand playing good man up defense too often bails out attacker with a shooting foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Re: Will we get another gameplay patch in 2k16 ?

We already got another patch, SimWorld Experience is out...
Old 02-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

They're already nearing the halfway point of the 2K17 development cycle. Anything else we get with 2K16 will be "tweaks", cosmetics, and network stuff.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
And do you think its really needed ?

Things I'd like to be improved:

- Transition defense. Can't stress enough about it, cpu defenders does everything to allow cherry pick dunks/layps on transition , even after you have scored.

- Players going cold/hot too randomly. I don't get why my player suddenly get cold , even while having pretty good game. Terms, when player gets cold or hot should be more clear and logical.

- Chase down contesting too powerful . You get wide open lane for dunk/layup and anybody is able to make last ditch block or a contest that makes you miss an easy layup. On the other hand playing good man up defense too often bails out attacker with a shooting foul.
I don't see another big gameplay patch this late, 2k will just say they addressed it in 2k17. We still haven't got a face update to many of the players who are outdated on looks.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have these issues with the game. Transition D. Pump fake fouls that leads to and 1s 99% of the time. Players running into ball handlers making the ball come loose. Lead passing is out of control. Fatigue doesn't matter, users still playing the same five players all game. I'm close to shelving the game due to those problems. Stop catering to cheesers and casuals 100% and make a game mode for the hardcore bball consumer.

GT: King Kutta DTX
Bio: 2K legend
Follow me on twitter @ KINGOFTHECOUCH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
Pro

No more patches please, things that needs to be fixed aren't fixable via patches so doing any more patches is total waste of time. Game needs to be heavily refreshed in many areas and i think it's time for 2K to concentrate on people who made them what they are now or in other words concentrate on people that crave for simulation and not casual people who are ready to jumpstart the game with expectations to beat some people who play this game for years now and make success out of it.

I'm not insulting anyone but if some random guy who's basketball knowledge is equal to my 8yr old son is going to beat me by sprinting around court, evading my players like traffic cones and score each time without any stamina penalty, lead pass through 3 players into the paint for dunk and foul or pump fake whole time in paint without 3 sec in the key..then i don't have any interest in playing this game because it requires zero skill on both ends of the floor. I have no issue losing to someone who is skilled in offense or defense, blowing me out by good spacing or teamplay using bench players for example to outscore my bench in 2nd or at the end of 3rd quarter, i'm perfectly fine with that, that's what pushes me to polish my game skills and tactics.

Things that make me don't play this game or ones before are players who get wins with zero skill putting up in a game. If someone plays team that has healthy 13-14 players but for the whole game starters play 80 % of time, sprinting, dunking without any stamina or fatigue penalty, dunking few times in traffic or on fastbreaks then there's no real skill required for this game to be played. I expected this game to be more tactic based, some matchup tinkering and small ball to be effective against certain teams so i was encouraged to take each game with some kind of seriousness against online players but since i saw what happens on floor and how certain guys gets wins i stopped playing online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 02-08-2016, 12:13 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

What you see is what you're gonna get until 2K17 comes out.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
What you see is what you're gonna get until 2K17 comes out.
And then you will see it all again in shiny new packaging.

GT: King Kutta DTX
Bio: 2K legend
Follow me on twitter @ KINGOFTHECOUCH

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »