Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #41
Rookie

renome's Arena

OVR: 0
as an "offline" player, pet peeves are:

Gameplay - off top: transition D, cherry-picking, and, i agree with strawberryshortcake regarding Players/Big Man guarding the crowd/standing out of the bounds under the basket instead of guarding the paint; on the animation part of this equation, body-warping into another player/the basket stand/the sidelines

Graphics - the biggest gripe is the color inconsistency, primarily with most of the players' skin colors, and in addition, color/saturation/hue of uniforms/courts... claiming to have used body scanning for player models, but still only using a limited set of body types (5 or 6, maybe) for some 400 NBA players (i'd rather, use body scan on all players to get the right body type/physical dimensions/ratios and not be able to edit them, OR, using the limited set of body types we have now but making them fully edit-able so we can best approximate what's real)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Definitely no post game highlights on ps4 is my biggest pet peeve
Old 02-09-2016, 11:51 PM   #43
Rookie

when they call fouls even though you just pressing L2 and contesting shots well
Old 02-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #44
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

The cover athletes being overrated and this year not only cover athletes but a ton of players. To many ppl on the roster that have close to a 90 rating. Curry with that ridiculously high OBIQ compared to Lillard, Kyrie, and Harden. At least they finally brought Lebron down to a realistic shooting rating.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:16 AM   #45
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

Mine would have to be refs getting in the way when running down the sideline (getting sucked into the collision animation).

And also getting sucked into a screen even when you clearly move your player around it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 01:26 AM   #46
Pro

YungGun's Arena

How quickly the CPU reacts to loose balls kills me every time. Also when the ball magnetically goes into their hands while my guy is going for the ball and is in better position.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:26 AM   #47
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

*The way Rosters work.

I spend months on end editing my roster only for 2k to keep releasing new content which I then cannot use because they don't allow you to integrate it into anything other than the most current official roster file they put out.

Jerseys. Player movements. Player appearances etc - all are basically unusable unless you insist on playing with 2k's generic, unaltered roster update.

*The fact that almost everything is customizable yet 2k still can't give us the ability to edit sock colour or short length......REALLY?

*Zero authentic arena sounds/music for classic teams. It's been missing since 2k12 - retro team arenas feel empty and pointless.

Yeah, I know that's 3 peeves, but what ever.

Last edited by daveberg; 02-10-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:27 AM   #48
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

A few of my pet peeves straight off the head that are little things that irks me:

1. Not having a better FA experience in MyCareer. But the little thing that irks me about FA is that you cannot see the teams roster until you sign w/ them.

2. When playing online games, you cannot view the highlights or game track like you could in previous games.

3. When CAP's, you can't assign tattoos to them.

4. When trying to join a friends park, you have to go through one whole loading screen to get to a random park. Then join your friends and have to wait again. Last year, you could hop right into your friends park. Things like this is what I don't understand.

5. Before in MyCareer, when looking at the social media, you could actually click the topic and it would take you right to that section. For example, it'll say Raptors beat Heat 87-77. Last year you could click on that and it'll take you straight to the box score.

6. Having to start your association, Mycareer or etc over to get new jerseys that are released.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »