Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #49
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
I've got 3 huge pet peeves about this game. They don't really stop me from playing, but really get to me and eventually cause me to turn of and walk away.

1. Grabbing a rebound and have to wait til the CPU is fully back on D or around half court to push the ball. BUT CPU can toss 3/4 passes to wipe open players not being guarded under the hoop.

2. When in isolation making a hesitation move...defender is BEATEN only to have some type of invisable wall or (you cant go yet) animation play out and allows defender to get back into postion.

3. Player speed!! I truly belive this will never be fixed and every year I pray it is, but I'm let down. dont belive me try making a steal at half court with Chris Paul against any center in the leauge. I can bet you they'll ride your hip all the way to the hoop which will result in a missed layup.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Mine would have to be refs getting in the way when running down the sideline (getting sucked into the collision animation).

And also getting sucked into a screen even when you clearly move your player around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
How quickly the CPU reacts to loose balls kills me every time. Also when the ball magnetically goes into their hands while my guy is going for the ball and is in better position.
This.

__ __
Old 02-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #51
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
- Not being able to skip Timeouts/Halftime/Post Game right away wasting time.

- Not being able to create a team (have to do it in a mode instead of creating them and using logo/jerseys wherever).

- My teammates being idiots. Almost every possession someone is unguarded. And not being able to grab a rebound/loose ball, CPU gets a ton they shouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #52
Pro

* Gameplay overall including defense, transition defense, post defense, pick & roll defense, alley oops, morphing, sliding, rebounding, post offense

* Player bodies look hulking and too big

* Colours are wrong especially when it comes to floors and jerseys

* Non-existent anklebreakers

* Generic arena sounds, PA also

* Roster constitution is what i don't like, too many 90's players, also too many in high 80's

* Scanned vs Non-scanned shoes ratio

* Lack of in-game physics (players, ball, rim) unrealistic collision, fouls, contacts in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 02-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #53
Rookie

It shouldn't be difficult for the game to check the stats of the player entering the game and see if it's possible, and yet 2K can't be bothered. Huge pet peeve.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #54
Rookie

My biggest pet peeve has to be in Pro-Am (basically the only mode I play outside of grinding in MyCareer)

1) I'm 6'9 and a PF but am forced to play Center against dudes that are 7'3. I wanna play like Kevin Love, not Hassan Whiteside. Ridiculous that it plays you outside of your position type. Really ruins a lot for me.

2) The white vs white jerseys. We changed our team colors to Yellow and Red for this reason. Ridiculous.

3) The ability to "choose" your AI teammates. I think 2k should do some mix of MyTeam and ProAm, where you can unlock Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum teammate cards. That way, if you only have 3/4 people playing instead of 5, you can plug in others. At the VERY least, there should be some consistency. Maybe allow you to create a player to use in those positions and level them up based solely on their game time. Idk. Something to make those random Computer players more lively.

4) Ability to assign users to a team. I created the ProAm team me and our friends play with. I'm not able to play but others want to, it bothers me that they can't just pick up and play. 2k needs to look to FIFA Pro Clubs on how to handle this.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5
The whole game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #56
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
*The way Rosters work.

I spend months on end editing my roster only for 2k to keep releasing new content which I then cannot use because they don't allow you to integrate it into anything other than the most current official roster file they put out.

Jerseys. Player movements. Player appearances etc - all are basically unusable unless you insist on playing with 2k's generic, unaltered roster update.

*The fact that almost everything is customizable yet 2k still can't give us the ability to edit sock colour or short length......REALLY?

*Zero authentic arena sounds/music for classic teams. It's been missing since 2k12 - retro team arenas feel empty and pointless.

Yeah, I know that's 3 peeves, but what ever.
Agree with this. MLB The Show is teasing a return of Sounds of the Show, hopefully it's like it was last gen and if so, that 2K follows suit. Those arena sounds add soooo much to the game. I went back and played 2k13 on the PS3 and smiled every time I heard D Rose's chime every time I hit a shot. We need that back!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »