Home

NBA 2K16: Aggressive On-Ball Physicality

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Aggressive On-Ball Physicality within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #25
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K16: Aggressive On-Ball Physicality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
We made the bed but 2k provided the sheets: that's what this last paragraph conveys to me. I also gather that defense is the way it is because offense is also liberated to be the way it is and neither simulate NBA mechanics in their entirirety which is a given.

I appreciate the conversation here and the gifs, both have opened my eyes to what you have clearly exposed and opined on. I do hope 2k devs consider your reflections here and pursue cleaning up the mechanics on both side.

As users we are guilty for making a mess of the game but 2k is also guilty for affording us the opportunity to get away with these crimes with no reasonable price or punishment.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
This paragraph here is vitally important, IMO. The only way to stop Users from playing in such an out of control fashion is to stop rewarding them for doing so.

I honestly believe that they have the technological know-how to limit the exploit utilizing style that so many employ, but have made a business decision not do so. I hope that I'm wrong, because if I am, they'll learn some things and improve it for next year. If I'm right, then we'll just see more of the same, in order to keep the masses happy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #26
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
great article.
to remedy this situation- 2k would have to fix the foul logic in this game. not enough blocking or charging fouls are called.
In the videos provided- you clearly illustrate both type of fouls. I see alot of blocking and some charging.

In addition, I believe this also has to do with spacing. The court needs to be a little bigger in realtion to the size of the players. Everything is too condensed.

and finally, I believe that in order to break up the randomness of blocking call etc. There needs to be a variable setting for the refs, similar to the umpires in The SHOW.

Finally, you might be able to neutralize alot of this bumping. if you lower the on ball slider and raise the laterall quickness.

But again great write up
I think this is key, 2K can make some sacrifices on the realism end for the benefit of gameplay. The floor spacing is better this year than its ever been, but it still feels like bumper cars out there.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:23 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
I think this is key, 2K can make some sacrifices on the realism end for the benefit of gameplay. The floor spacing is better this year than its ever been, but it still feels like bumper cars out there.
Id hate for 2k to exaggerate the court size like Live does. That's a bandaid fix.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #28
Rookie

what are these camera angles on looks good
Old 02-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #29
Rookie

Good write-up. The worst part about the physicality is when there's a discrepancy between big guy and small guy, and on the drive. Driving is so dominant right now on PC, it's crazy.

I'd love to see an article that focused on the mess that is the PC platform but I don't think enough people play for anyone to care.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #30
Pro

Funniest thing ever is when you drive the ball with I.Thomas, Wall, Lowry or some other PG and you make players like Drummond, Faried, Cousins to fall hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 02-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #31
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Maybe 2K should penalize ball handlers that try to barrel through their defender with a push off charge animation. Maybe that would help deter that play style. Idk just a suggestion
They have this animation already, it just doesn't trigger an offensive foul like it should. A lot of things don't trigger offensive fouls like the should, or defensive fouls for that matter.

NBA 2K16_20160216023058 by 88charlottead

Last edited by nova91; 02-16-2016 at 03:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #32
Just started!

it is really best ever defender and handler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »