Home

The Computer is Too Stupid - MyCareer: LOL Trade Away Avery Bradley, Keep David Lee

This is a discussion on The Computer is Too Stupid - MyCareer: LOL Trade Away Avery Bradley, Keep David Lee within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Computer is Too Stupid - MyCareer: LOL Trade Away Avery Bradley, Keep David Lee

Can we please have some intelligence when it comes to MyCareer?

I am a 6'10 uber athletic Ben Simmons like Center at 6'10 and play for the Celtics. I have not damn range on my shot at all but maxed athleticism and playmaking.

First - I never play PF.

Second - Coach loves to play me and David Lee together. Makes no freaking sense. David Lee actually started lol like 10 games with all the other bigs healthy.

Third - We have no shooters.

Fourth - The best floor spacers are at the 4/5. Kelly Olynk, Jared Sullenger, and Tyler Zeller. But only Sully plays.

Fifth - Avery Bradley doesn't freaking start. Some no name CAP Swingman starts besides Isaiah Thomas.

Sixth - Avery Bradley gets traded for noone. And some level CAP 69 player that was on the team is put into the rotation.

Seventh - We are 1st in the East and the damn computer traded away our best perimeter defender and best shooter and David freaking Lee is still playing over Tyler Zeller and Kelly Olynk.

Where is the logic? How come the computer can't take into team construction and style of play?

How come the computer goes...

"Hey we have a lot of guards, lets just trade one so we can put a forward into rotation. We will trade our best perimeter defender and get nobody in return."

Why would the coach start Isaiah Thomas and David Lee...like just asking for crappy defense.

Why we don't play all our floor spacing bigs?

Why MyCareer can't have like an actual gameplan and logic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Computer is Too Stupid - MyCareer: LOL Trade Away Avery Bradley, Keep David L

Mycareer team is the Jazz. We have been undefeated (28-0) until they did this trade....****dy Gobert for ****ing Robert Covington. Like wtf are you serious? We only have one actual big man now which is a generated rookie now in his 2nd year (pretty good for a 78 ovrl, won ROTY). And finally took a loss to the Pelicans because of Davis ofc. I don't like these random *** trades and hopefully bring back that feature from 2K14 where the gm asked us who to trade or to trade for.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Banned

Re: The Computer is Too Stupid - MyCareer: LOL Trade Away Avery Bradley, Keep David L

I'm on my 2nd year with the knicks and my roster already includes the likes of jordan clarkson, ish smith, josh smith, lance stevenson and brandon bass. Like wtf did phil jakson host a fire sale? Wish we could turn off trades.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
Rookie

I know the feeling. My SG plays on the Spurs. Roughly one week before the trade deadline, we trade Tony Parker for Deron Williams and Amare Stoudimire.

Williams is a complete downgrade in every possible way from Parker, and we have no use for Amare. Parker averaged 15pts and 10ast for us. Williams has yet to reach either of those marks.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

MyCareer currently seems to be designed just for the User to put up super stats and become a HOF'er. Nothing else seems to really matter.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Tell me about it. Playing PG for the Knicks; we traded away every guard but myself and Afflalo. Archie Goodwin is still on the team, but seldom plays, unless I'm subbed out in a blowout victory. It leads to situations where Carmelo/D. Williams/Josh Smith play the 2.

We have a surplus of forwards on the team. Porzingis, Taj Gibson, The three I mentioned, and a rotation of RoLo and Larry Sanders.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #7
Rookie

I have several MyCareer players going and I have noticed this in every save. Mo Williams or Ty Lawson always end up at the team you play for. ALWAYS. DeAndre Jordan ALWAYS gets traded. Damian Lillard ALWAYS averages 32ppg throughout the season.

They make the most absurd moves ever, my main game I play for the Pacers, we have absolutely no need for George Hill as we have me, Hill, Lawson and Trey Burke. So the major weak link in the team is Lavoy Allen, he is utter plum. Misses every single shot, shooting like 20% for the season or something stupid. So trade Hill and Allen and get a decent power forward like Jabari Parker or Kenneth Faried. Noooo, continue to play Allen and keep Hill but bench Ellis to move me to shooting guard so they can switch through Hill, Lawson and Burke, also myself all in one game at point guard.

I kind of want Allen wiped out in real life so he isn't in 2K anymore he frustrates me that much. When I pass to him by accident because of this terrible directional passing 2K have implemented I just pause my game, huff and puff for a few seconds then ask god to punish me for any of my sins, just let Allen not balls this up, unpause, wide open through to the basket for a dunk, does a layup instead, hits the rim, rolls across, miss. Profanities screamed all over the place because 2K are too terrible to program an AI that will make smart trades and spot when someone is utter reindeer balls.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The Knicks always end up trading for Josh Smith for some reason. He came onto my Knicks team too along with Taj Gibson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »