Home

6'10 SF or 6'11 PF? Outside big man

This is a discussion on 6'10 SF or 6'11 PF? Outside big man within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
6'10 SF or 6'11 PF? Outside big man

So I want to make a big and since my buddy already has a 7'3 goon center I felt it was a little redundant and boring really if we just switch the saame big man in and out for whoever feels like running it. So I want a shooter.

Any advice? I looked at the caps on both. Looking like on the SF I'll have a great shot from anywhere, but not much of a post game. Blocking is also limited which seems pretty dumb at 6'10(85 blocking i think). Looks like I'd be sacrificing any sort of inside game for a tall shooter with a little more speed and ball control (SF has more speed even at the same height).
On the PF I'll have all the typical bigman stuff. Rebounding, blocking, d. Ill be a little better inside with like a 90 post fade and mid 70 hook. Plus 85 standing layup which is higher than the SF. Only thing is my shot is.. decent. From 85 across the board, including moving shots. To a 75 3 ball, and 80 moving mid(85 standing though).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
Banned

Re: 6'10 SF or 6'11 PF? Outside big man

Depends on what your playstyle is and what scheme your team wants to run. Do you guys favor small ball with 4 shooters and bigman? Than go SF. If you don't want to give up much rebounding and and have good chance to slow down traditional 2 7 foot lineup than you need to make PF (or even outside center I would advise you to check stats as I know some stats are better for same height center vs pf)

strength of SF

1. Better 3pt shot
2. Faster
3. better perimeter defender
4. better for switching

weaknesses

1. Worse Rebounding
2. Worse shot blocking
3. Will get posted up on the block
4. Popular 2 7 foot lineups will eat inside against your smallball 4

I was faced with same predicament and days of looking for answers and spreadsheets (lol) I decided to make 7'2 Outside Center to play the stretch 4. I can rebound like a center, hit mid range with the best of them (86midrange) and defense ain't too shabby either. I played against a couple tall SF playing the 4 and they quickly found out that their advantages in speed + mobility + shooting was not enough to counterbalance my size + interior defense and rebounding. One other thing I found out is that your only Bigman will have games where he feels like on an island by himself trying to battle against 2 7 footers.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob63
So I want to make a big and since my buddy already has a 7'3 goon center I felt it was a little redundant and boring really if we just switch the saame big man in and out for whoever feels like running it. So I want a shooter.

Any advice? I looked at the caps on both. Looking like on the SF I'll have a great shot from anywhere, but not much of a post game. Blocking is also limited which seems pretty dumb at 6'10(85 blocking i think). Looks like I'd be sacrificing any sort of inside game for a tall shooter with a little more speed and ball control (SF has more speed even at the same height).
On the PF I'll have all the typical bigman stuff. Rebounding, blocking, d. Ill be a little better inside with like a 90 post fade and mid 70 hook. Plus 85 standing layup which is higher than the SF. Only thing is my shot is.. decent. From 85 across the board, including moving shots. To a 75 3 ball, and 80 moving mid(85 standing though).
TBH if you're going to play the 4 is better to make an outside center at 7'2,7'3 with maxed wingspan . There is no point to make a PF this year. No advantages what so ever. You'll also do fine with a 6'10 SF but stretch center is best for the 4 spot .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
TBH if you're going to play the 4 is better to make an outside center at 7'2,7'3 with maxed wingspan . There is no point to make a PF this year. No advantages what so ever. You'll also do fine with a 6'10 SF but stretch center is best for the 4 spot .
Exactly what I made haha.

My 6'11 99ovr 39 badge balanced PF can now peacefully ride off into the sunset and enjoy his retirement without worries of being called up once a week for fill in duties.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Make a 6'8 outside center..theyre so fast and can can shoot just as well as a PF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
Banned

3 words: perimeter lockdown defender

SF are BIS over any PF or SG.

PG is BIS over any SG

C is BIS over any PF.

If you're not making: 6'1 or 6'4 PG, 6'8 or 6'10 SF edit: (outside only), or 7'3 C, you're not being optimal.

Last edited by A6_Foul_Out; 02-15-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
3 words: perimeter lockdown defender

SF are BIS over any PF or SG.

PG is BIS over any SG

C is BIS over any PF.

If you're not making: 6'1 or 6'4 PG, 6'8 or 6'10 SF edit: (outside only), or 7'3 C, you're not being optimal.
Did I get too cute making a 7'2 C?
Old 02-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
Pro

Keep in mind that playing as a pf you can't really neglect any of the buckets. What i mean is as a pg, sg, and (arguably) a sf you can simply leave the rebounding empty and max out all the others that are actually important. As a typical pro am 7'3 inside c you can fill out playmaking about halfway, just enough (+ boost) to get break starter and outside scoring (to get 70 or so free throw), while maxing out the 4 important ones. However, playing the pf position there isn't really a bucket that isn't important, especially with the caps being as low as they are.

This is why, imo, pf is the hardest position in pro am. All i'm saying is remember that you only (eventually) end up with 100 out of the 120 upgrades. Reading your post it seems like you're counting on maxing out all the buckets. I could be wrong of course, but if i'm not keep it in mind so you can plan your upgrades in the right way. I made the same mistake with my player because i didn't know about it, because of the low caps i just assumed we could max everything out.

Also, make sure to check the caps in game because there are some mistakes in the spreadsheet, etc... you find online. For example, one of the main reasons i went with my 6'6 pf is that it said he had 91 driving layup but in fact it maxes out at 74 iirc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »