Home

Game Speed - Speed - Acceleration

This is a discussion on Game Speed - Speed - Acceleration within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3

I had a query for the community (and possibly the 2K Dev Team) in regards to how I have personally noticed that game speed, speed, and/or acceleration seems to provide inconsistent results. For some reason I feel that for a few games, you can have PERFECT game pacing, weight to the players, less floatiness, and ultimately better spacing. Then all of a sudden (without changing any slider sets and using the same roster set) it seems players start to slide more, 'floatiness' kicks in with a feeling that the players don't have a sense of weight which results in less of a feeling of foot planting by players.

Then when I read a couple of observations by other thread members in EccentricMeat's thread, I realize I'm not the only one to think so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloisa
For me, I was skeptical at first with the updated speed changes. Prior to this set I was using basically default game speed, acceleration and lateral quickness. Some games it felt "right" while others it was either too quick or too slow. This game is a fickle beast. Anyway, after trying out a couple games with the new settings they have been fantastic in terms of "feel" as well as visually. I don't know how that is when I was at times they game would play or move so slowly at or close to default. Long story short, these are on point for me. Great work, eccentric.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
My thoughts exactly. The game would feel off at default settings with some games seeming fast and others slow. I'm not sure how lowering the speed sliders did it, but the game feels just right now.

Thanks for the feedback!
It really is quite peculiar that this is the case since if we don't touch the sliders and use the same exact roster for a number of games, the game speed, acceleration , and/or speed of players shouldn't change.

But then I'm thinking, this could be attributed to "Stealth Patches". Just want to get the community's thoughts in what they are seeing or if a 2K Dev Team member could clarify, that would be great! Cheers fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9

Hey man im on the same vagon with you same exact experience. I couldnt have put it in words you did.
I really want to know whats really going in the back end.
Also i do think that these are the results of which server you connected to. And as you power on/off these servers change and we feel the game different everytime we power on.

Well i would love to hear devs to clarify these and possibly fix and normalize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »