Home

Im either the Worst 2k player ever this year. or Shooting is extremely broken

This is a discussion on Im either the Worst 2k player ever this year. or Shooting is extremely broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #57
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Im either the Worst 2k player ever this year. or Shooting is extremely broken

Also I realize I shoot way much better without shot boosts. I no longer buy shot boosts.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: Im either the Worst 2k player ever this year. or Shooting is extremely broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Yep. That basically means that I'm just chucking from 3. If every other shot drops, offense boils down to me throwing 40 threes at the rim a game with the best shooter on the team.

Put bluntly: It homogenizes gameplay. That becomes the only viable tactic because it's so likely you're going to hit. Every game becomes a 3 point shootout.

45% is about as high as I'd want to see it, and even 40% seems high to me, personally.

I want a balanced game, that promotes good basketball. A guaranteed 50% Clip promotes hero ball and just chucking shots at the rim.
But isnt that what the golden state warriors do anyway? they shoot way more 3's than what they make, but they shoot so many that it just becomes a numbers game. They have two of the best shooters in the world, so they can afford to to take that many shots.

So what exactly is different in a pro am game if you have 2 guards a small forward, an outside big or stretch 4 and an inside big and you want to play small ball like Golden State?

2k doesnt even allow you to make your 3point rating over a 94(5'7 point guard) so no one will be jacking up 3's the way you claim. I cant see a team full of guards being successful strictly shooting 3's in the pro am against a solid team playing sound fundamental basketball.

I hear way too often "aww come on 2k...let my shot drop" from teammates to believe that we shouldnt have a 50/50 chance of making a completely wide open shot uncontested. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here because clearly the few of you on this thread who obviously dont make up the majority of the people who play 2k all over the world feel otherwise so, im done explaining why 2k should bump wide open shooting percentages.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #59
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
But isnt that what the golden state warriors do anyway? they shoot way more 3's than what they make, but they shoot so many that it just becomes a numbers game. They have two of the best shooters in the world, so they can afford to to take that many shots.

So what exactly is different in a pro am game if you have 2 guards a small forward, an outside big or stretch 4 and an inside big and you want to play small ball like Golden State?

2k doesnt even allow you to make your 3point rating over a 94(5'7 point guard) so no one will be jacking up 3's the way you claim. I cant see a team full of guards being successful strictly shooting 3's in the pro am against a solid team playing sound fundamental basketball.

I hear way too often "aww come on 2k...let my shot drop" from teammates to believe that we shouldnt have a 50/50 chance of making a completely wide open shot uncontested. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here because clearly the few of you on this thread who obviously dont make up the majority of the people who play 2k all over the world feel otherwise so, im done explaining why 2k should bump wide open shooting percentages.
The "Majority" of the 2k players have little to no knowledge of actual basketball vs. Sportscenter highlights. They see Curry shoot an insane percentage and get it in their brain that is a normal thing. This is further proven by the cheeseballs that do nothing but speedboost to take 3s, and have told centers that they only exist for rebounds. These are the same majority that think 4 points, with 10 assists and 7 rebounds is a bad stat line compared to 12 points, 0 anything else, off 4 for 17 shooting. 2k wants to produce a simulation game. Shooting at that Clip is not simulation. That should be the long and short of any discussion

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 02-16-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:19 PM   #60
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I think the people complaining are claiming that even if they do everything right, the game will do some sort of calculation that will make them miss anyway.

Is that actually what is happening when you miss, though?

All I know is, a lot of people CAN shoot. I am capped at 78 moving threes and 80 standing threes and if I'm open I will most likely hit the 3 because I've learned how to do it... I'm no videogame master, so if I can do it, you should be able to too.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The best shooters in the NBA make 40% to 50% of their three pointers.

The shooting results in NBA 2K16 are pretty close to those percentages.

After the latest update, I'd say the three point shooting in 2K16 is probably the closest its ever been to replicating the real NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I think the people complaining are claiming that even if they do everything right, the game will do some sort of calculation that will make them miss anyway.

Is that actually what is happening when you miss, thoug
h?

All I know is, a lot of people CAN shoot. I am capped at 78 moving threes and 80 standing threes and if I'm open I will most likely hit the 3 because I've learned how to do it... I'm no videogame master, so if I can do it, you should be able to too.
Yes yes yes 1,000,000 percent what I'm saying. Even when you do everything right(maxed 3 point attributes/wide open/uncontested/standing still/knowing your jump shot release and releasing when it "feels" right) you still miss quite often. Enough so that we're here having this discussion because 2Ks shooting mechanics are so inconsistent. There's clearly some form of mechanism that triggers when you shoot to determine if your shot goes in or not and if turns green or stays white.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:11 PM   #63
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

This game is such bull crap now. I played a park game and shot 6 of 8. Next game I missed nearly all my shots and shot 1 of 6 ... missing all completely open shots.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #64
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

It seems as if this game hates good shooters. Once the game realizes you're a really good shooter it will do ANYTHING possible to make you miss a lot in your next game. Too many times I have one good game then the next game I'm like a different whole player ..... someone who is allergic to making a shot!

Something in patch 5 is NOT right! What the HELL is GOING ON!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kobe2theMAX; 02-16-2016 at 08:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »