Home

Daily life of 2k gamer in a nutshell (My career)

This is a discussion on Daily life of 2k gamer in a nutshell (My career) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Daily life of 2k gamer in a nutshell (My career)

24. Sooo your version of getting back on D is run out of bounds under the basket... And give up an open uncontested dunk.

25. Um coach, i'm a 71 rated point guard, I don't think I can bring us to with 5.

26. Why is THAT my man??? He's on the other side of the court!?

27. Play thru who!?!

I think they should consider giving us control of the sliders or POE or something next time around. The play of our teammates just takes a lot of the greatness out of the mode. Still love playing it tho.

Last edited by mrchiggs; 02-21-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

funny post.

The good thing to realize is that 2k has spots where they prefer to give you the ball. The one thing they don't seem to like to do is throw a fast break pass when you are out. I have to mash that button like 4x to get them to throw it over the defender.

But yea all of that where it's like I got a guy sealed, throw me the ball, and dude just bounces the ball off of the defender's legs. It's like aiiyeee.

Some dudes don't shoot, either. I like passing to Andrew Wiggins cuz he'll pull it or go to the rim.

I still have issues w/ coach. You'd think coach could make a point of emphasis and if you are doing your own thing, forget about it. But he's like NAH. Or they should have different types of coaches... "F" It's like coach if I got 30 pts 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 blocks and 5 steals in a short game, you can't be giving me an F. He should take into account playing good ball, also.

-Smak
Old 02-22-2016, 08:22 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
funny post.

The good thing to realize is that 2k has spots where they prefer to give you the ball. The one thing they don't seem to like to do is throw a fast break pass when you are out. I have to mash that button like 4x to get them to throw it over the defender.

But yea all of that where it's like I got a guy sealed, throw me the ball, and dude just bounces the ball off of the defender's legs. It's like aiiyeee.

Some dudes don't shoot, either. I like passing to Andrew Wiggins cuz he'll pull it or go to the rim.

I still have issues w/ coach. You'd think coach could make a point of emphasis and if you are doing your own thing, forget about it. But he's like NAH. Or they should have different types of coaches... "F" It's like coach if I got 30 pts 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 blocks and 5 steals in a short game, you can't be giving me an F. He should take into account playing good ball, also.

-Smak
For real man EFF the coach emphasis. I had 15 points 18 rebs and 9 blocks in one game. And that mutha, gave me a D rating. Some of the coach emphasis at certain point of the game make no sense at all. One time the clown ask me to get a offensive rebound while I am on defense. Then when we get the ball the jackass cancel it and gave me a F rating for taking too long. I swear to god this game is so broken. This my 2nd time playing MC, the first time I played when it was first introduce into 2k, all this time I have ignore this mode. Now I know why. 2k need to improve MC the only thing I see that is improve is the presentation but the gameplay is trash.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews
22. Why am I being put back in the game at the end of the 4th quarter when we are up by 30 points?
Lol have you tried the sim to the end of the game option though? whenever your up by atleast 15 you can press start and it will sim and still give you full vc

I am always looking at the score whenever am leading by atleast 10, if we suddenly hit 15 i immediately pause the game and just sim since i can just earn the vc and start another game immediately= double the vc.

Thats what i do atleast lol but yea the logic makes no sense hahaha
Old 02-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
funny post.

-Smak

I totally feel you on the "spots to get the ball" but i just feel like the gameplay would be so much smoother if the cpu just passed the ball in a more up tempo pace.

To me the cpu doesn't feel organic enough in that sense, its like they have a delay of calculating whether they should pass it or not.

This is more geared towards cpu with cpu, the player obviously can sort of force the cpu to pass but i just feel like it shouldn't be like that.

Feel me? haha
Old 02-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
24. Sooo your version of getting back on D is run out of bounds under the basket... And give up an open uncontested dunk.

25. Um coach, i'm a 71 rated point guard, I don't think I can bring us to with 5.

26. Why is THAT my man??? He's on the other side of the court!?

27. Play thru who!?!

I think they should consider giving us control of the sliders or POE or something next time around. The play of our teammates just takes a lot of the greatness out of the mode. Still love playing it tho.

How could i forget 24?!! damm lol

Its totally a very cheap way that the game sort of forces, makes your teammates look dumb and useless on defense

I also relate a lot to 26, very annoying, and again i feel like its due to bad cpu defense, have you ever paused when something makes you say "wait, wtf?" often you see the replay and your teammate its just making all sorts of weird movements off his man without reason.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Lol have you tried the sim to the end of the game option though? whenever your up by atleast 15 you can press start and it will sim and still give you full vc
That is a faulty feature, as it still sims you being in the game. Hey 2K, when I "ask out", I ask OUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooperport
That is a faulty feature, as it still sims you being in the game. Hey 2K, when I "ask out", I ask OUT.
O i understand your perspective, its fine with me for the most part

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »