Home

How to deal with 2K comebacks, "rubber-banding", and crazy stuffs (video proof)...

This is a discussion on How to deal with 2K comebacks, "rubber-banding", and crazy stuffs (video proof)... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2016, 07:07 AM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How to deal with 2K comebacks, "rubber-banding", and crazy stuffs (video proof)..

Good video Pham, appreciate the effort....

Unfortunately, if you're not posting a 'Lmao look at what 2k did' video, you're not going to get much conversation going around these parts anymore...just the same canned responses.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #10
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to deal with 2K comebacks, "rubber-banding", and crazy stuffs (video proof)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduskin7
NBA 2k is the worst of simulation sports games online. By a longshot. Offline it's really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offline the game is pretty damn amazing. Online? By far the worst experience I've ever had playing a basketball game online.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
Banned

This video isn't representative of what people are talking about:

:39 You are the user and the only individual in position to grab that steal. Hit X/square. Not what is being referred to here.

:53 Again, your user mistake. you have him sagged off, and you ran into the CPU defender by defending the cut to the basket. Not what is being referred to here.

1:02 He sets his feet, and the defender in his face is a CPU. Having a CPU closeout is akin to being open. Not what is being referred to here.

1:22 You icon lead passed to somebody behind the half court line. the controls for this aren't the most fluid but again, this one is on you. any knowledgeable 2k player understands you don't mess around with the over and back in this game.

2:03/2:15 You are playing somebody who puts hands up against somebody 26 feet away from the basket. Also somebody who doesn't even attempt to hedge on the PNR. Quality opposition there.

2:38 Any good player notices the screens and attempts to hedge. Yes, your plays that work effortlessly against people with no skill and no defense no defensive settings-- indeed-- work against people with no skill and no defense.

2:45 So the points scored on that 6-0 run were legit? This might have been the time to show us actual rubber-banding.

3:20 Beautiful offense. Clearly somebody that knows what they are doing.

3:45/4:50 I hope you're understanding that flushes are stupidly effective because and only because the offensive player is faster sprinting than the defensive player can defend.

3:57 It don't exist because it doesn't happen to me. Great argument.

4:15/4:37 Yup. You're really helping lockup that great offensive set there. Yup.

Give us an entire game against a similarly skilled opponent where no lead is greater than 10 points and tell us that you aren't feeling ANY remnants of what people attribute to rubber-banding/momentum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

I get a lot of blowouts. If I lose a lead it's because I actually use my bench, my opponent gets cheap points in transition, or I make mental mistakes. Using timeouts and knowing how to score in the halfcourt helps you keep leads. In 2K15 I knew that a 15 point game would end up tied by the end of the 3rd quarter whether I was leading or trailing.

Now if you want to talk about MyCareer then "rubber banding" and all that crap happens.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:48 PM   #13
Pro

I used to throw controllers around the house, smash one tv and one console when CPU hit the buzzer with none other than Enes Kanter well beyond 3pt line for the win. Now i deal with this stuff by not playing game and waiting for much improved 2k17 hopefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 02-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Good video Pham, appreciate the effort....

Unfortunately, if you're not posting a 'Lmao look at what 2k did' video, you're not going to get much conversation going around these parts anymore...just the same canned responses.
Some people want change and innovation and won't give it a pass because graphics and announcers.

Same AI for years = everyone knows what is going to happen, makes it feel like scripted outcomes. All animations, no physics.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Some people want change and innovation and won't give it a pass because graphics and announcers.

Same AI for years = everyone knows what is going to happen, makes it feel like scripted outcomes. All animations, no physics.
Not even sure what this supposed to mean

But yes, you've repeated the whole "hasn't changed in years" thing multiple times now....doesn't mean it's accurate...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #16
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

What is it about 2k that people like to complain so much about? No other sports game gets the repetitive whiney comments day in and day out the way 2k does...... It has issues like any game but geez its so old to see the same dudes just constantly on here....... If u hate the game then stop buying it, pretty simple solution

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »