Home

Until they fix the lag, online will forever be a cheezer's heaven.

This is a discussion on Until they fix the lag, online will forever be a cheezer's heaven. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Until they fix the lag, online will forever be a cheezer's heaven.

Not gonna blame broken game mechanics (although they certainly are there), but the lag has got to be the #1 sim killer.

-I cannot make quick passes that are needed to be made on a DIME. Turnovers can easily occur just due to a split second of delay.

-On ball defense is that much harder with the delay.

-I can actually be too quick for the lag on offense. I anticipate passes from point A to point B to point C extremely fast, and they are there, but I end up making an unnecessary extra pass that ruined point C's open shot.

-Running a set offense is that much more difficult. I already know where my players are supposed to be, but again, the lag causes a massive misjudgement that leads to a turnover.

A combination of all these leads to about 10-15 unearned points for the opposition, which can easily decide the outcome of winning or losing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 11:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Until they fix the lag, online will forever be a cheezer's heaven.

I will never be able to understand why I can play a 24 player FPS with probably 10x the amount of graphic workload than 2K without any lag or delay whatsoever, but they can't even get a little 2 player online match to run 5 seconds without seeing stutters or noticeable lag.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Oddly enough, I've been getting that weird stuttering/jittery gameplay in my online games for the past month. Clearing the XB1 cache helps, but it's nothing like it was back in January. I even increased my download speeds this week thinking that it would help....nope. The jittery gameplay is KILLING my use of icon passing.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Is there anything more infuriating than having the game pause and then fast forward?

I swear it always happens when I'm shooting a three or running a fastbreak. It makes me want to punch somebody.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
I will never be able to understand why I can play a 24 player FPS with probably 10x the amount of graphic workload than 2K without any lag or delay whatsoever, but they can't even get a little 2 player online match to run 5 seconds without seeing stutters or noticeable lag.
I think its because 2k hasn't looked at updating its methods in a long long time... and why would they?

They have to rush the games out in less than a year's time and they keep getting 9/10 and Sports Game of the Year even though its Online System (from Matchmaking to Connection) is NOT Next Gen... its barely even Last Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Lag kills my league games. Playing on hall of fame on Sim. Isn't fun for me. I rather play ranked games now.

But for anyone to say it hasn't improved. Is flat out crazy. This has probably been the most Sable year online for 2k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2016, 04:51 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Lag kills my league games. Playing on hall of fame on Sim. Isn't fun for me. I rather play ranked games now.

But for anyone to say it hasn't improved. Is flat out crazy. This has probably been the most Sable year online for 2k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Same it's like online league has the lowest priority so the games feel awful onlinw unbearable to finish 48minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

My lag was horrible last night. I played an online game for the first time this year and had to quit because it was so terrible. When I pressed the shoot button I had to hold it for at least 6 seconds, my people weren't stopping on the dime, and everything else was just horrible. I could have beaten my opponent by 40 because he was trying to trap everybody at full court; he also went into a 2-3 zone while playing offball and running everywhere. I couldn't do anything about it because of the lag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »