Home

After reading through this forum, just wondering...

This is a discussion on After reading through this forum, just wondering... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2016, 06:15 AM   #1
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
After reading through this forum, just wondering...

Is it worth starting a long time association? I am looking to start a long association building an old school defensive oriented team. I'll probably start with Memphis and just add a couple of pieces or with Nets and build from nothing.

But i come here couple of times a week and read stuff about how game is broken, there are many things that make you quit this game etc. I haven't really played this guy much this year but now i have some time on my hands and i am really wondering is it worth spending it on playing this game. Will i be able to play defensive basetball in this game without wanting to pull my hair out or i should just look to have fun and play online instead, i mean, i want to play association but if it isn't worth i'll jump to some other mode.

Thanks in advance for answers, i hope they'll be positive, cause it would be really fun, i play basketball and follow NBA on a daily basis and this pace & space let's just see who can score more 3s is kind of boring to me, even though slow, defensive oriented basketball isn't fun to most people i really enjoy watching it and i love playing defense so it would be nice to build such team in today's run and gun style world.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: After reading through this forum, just wondering...

Best advice I can give you is to play about 10-15 quick games on\offline with various teams, get a feel for the game yourself and decide if its enjoyable enough to play through a full season. I always say do that before even visiting the forums because there are too many agendas and hurt feelings to weed through...already setting you up to approach the game with a negative mindset.

On a personal level, I am having a blast in my association. I am playing with the classic Cavs team and its a struggle to score with anyone but LBJ. The defense keeps us in most of our games...so I definitely feel you can run with a team with that as your calling card. There WILL be frustrating moments, I haven't played a sports game that hasn't provided them and this game is no exception...but overall its a great experience.

Either way, good luck.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Game has flaws but absolutely play it. Still no year to year saves makes it harder to invest in long term franchise mode. At least for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Association mode is probably the best it has ever been. It still has legacy issues namely draft classes, wonky trades and somewhat unrealistic stats. They are better compared to years past but still not where they need to be. These issues are easily overcome by downloading user made draft classes, sliders and turning on trade approval. Can't really point you in a good direction because I haven't done an association in a while. OS is the best source of info though.

The game plays very well offline. I think most of the complaints on here (including mine) generally deal with playing online, where people tend to key in on the game's short comings.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #5
Pro

Yeah I highly agree with you! If 2k17 drops with year to year saves then its on if you can pull data from 2k16! But yeah man try the game for yourself!

I ditch work to play this game and I am not a basketball fan! However I love sports and creating a player in my league and then building him up with a game that looks so realistic you can't help but play it!

Plus the off ball animations are a game changer for me! If you saw it from a distance you would be like what channel is the game on!

Best sports game even with MLB 17 coming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #6
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Id give anything for year to year saves but regardless I would say its worth it.

Its just fun to see time go on rookies and young players develop into stars and if you use draft classes that adds more depth.

I have had one I believe 4 year dynasty this year but I restarted. It was a lot of fun though.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:21 PM   #7
Pro

JoFri's Arena

i play no other sports game except this so i kinda stuck. and its a pleasure to be here.
playing D is fun!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:34 PM   #8
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

This is a fun game. No doubt about it. It (like any other game) does have its flaws, but around here, such flaws get magnified and, in my opinion, a little blown out of proportion. It's a really fun game and ML (and MyGM, though I haven't played that one yet) is a blast. I've been running with AI's Sixers and having a good time with it. If you have an idea for a MyLeague that interests you, that is, in my opinion, what makes the game even more entertaining- the team and the storylines that the user creates. That alone is worth the price of admission for me.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »