Home

NBA 2K16 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available (2-19-16)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available (2-19-16) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:17 PM   #65
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K16 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available (2-19-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
I don't post stuff like this much anymore, but..

Why is Rodney Hood so slow on 2k? He's relegated to a spot-up shooter on the game as opposed to the deadly pick-and-roll ball handler IRL. He only has one badge, too.
I would honestly like to know how 2K determines the quickness/speed numbers. As you said, Hood seems a bit slow in the game compared to his real life counterpart, as does Towns and Porzingis IMO.

Is there some sort of stat behind it?

I've also felt that 2K players are a tad slow going north-south, but too fast going east-west on the court. Could be my imagination though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 10:38 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
I would honestly like to know how 2K determines the quickness/speed numbers. As you said, Hood seems a bit slow in the game compared to his real life counterpart, as does Towns and Porzingis IMO.

I've also felt that 2K players are a tad slow going north-south, but too fast going east-west on the court. Could be my imagination though.
They use Combine results to start (the 3.38 Sprint he recorded is honestly a bit slow) and then as pros maybe use the camera tech that records MPH.

Either way you are right that Hood is low rated compared to his peers and that the eye test might be better.

67 Speed: Kobe Bryant at Age 37
66 Speed: Mike Dunleavy at Age 35
64 Speed: Metta World Peace at Age 36
63 Speed: Rodney Hood at Age 23

Having watched this I can't say I disagree with 2K's Speed rating. Hood isn't really all that fast (though he does have a great hesitation move). He is clearly deadly in the half-court but certainly can't perform like this at all in game with only 69 Ball Control, 48 Post Control, 52 Post Fade, and only a Bronze Limitless Range badge.

Hood's PlayType Data
ON-BALL SCORING (44% of possessions)
32% PNR: 0.91 PPP (82 Percentile)
9% Isolation: 1.07 PPP (92 Percentile)
3% Post: 1.00 PPP (86 Percentile)
OFF-BALL SHOOTING (42% of poss)
28% Spot: 1.08 PPP (81 Percentile)
10% HandOff: 0.90 PPP (58 Percentile) - Rare to see a Handoff/Screen split this wide in favor of HO.
4% Off-Screen: 0.67 PPP (11 Percentile)
ATHLETICISM (12% of poss)
8% Transition: 1.20 PPP (72 Percentile) - At only 8% he's definitely slow for a wing
2% Cuts: 1.14 PPP (42 Percentile)
2% Putback: 1.00 PPP (40 Percentile)
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 02-24-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #67
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Appreciate the insight Rashidi, thanks.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:03 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 19

My recommended attribute edits:

Rodney Hood
Position: SG (from SG/PG)
Aggressive Scorer (from Two-Way Guard)
77 Overall

OFFENSE
86 Standing Layup
80 Driving Layup
55 Post Fade (+3)
60 Post Hook (+32)
55 Post Control (+7)
47 Draw Foul (-14)
87 Standing Close
87 Moving Close (+1)
80 Standing Mid
80 Moving Mid (+1)
83 Standing 3pt (+1)
79 Moving 3pt (+1)
87 Free Throw (-1)
75 Ball Control (+6)
58 Pass Vision
62 Pass IQ
64 Pass Accuracy
33 Offensive Rebound
40 Standing Dunk
40 Driving Dunk
40 Contact Dunk
80 Shot IQ (-8)
75 Hands

DEFENSE
52 Defensive Rebound
41 Block (-1)
60 Shot Contest
67 Steal (+6)
79 On-Ball Defense
59 Low Post Defense (+1)
70 Reaction Time (+10)

ATHLETICISM
52 Boxout (+22)
71 Lateral Quickness (+20)
67 Speed (+4)
71 Acceleration
73 Vertical (+4)
43 Strength (+6)
87 Stamina (+7)
75 Hustle (-1)
80 Durability (-2)

INTANGIBLES
65 Pass Perception (-9)
45 Defensive Consistency (-30)
65 Pick &Roll Defense (-11)
75 Help Defense (+3)
85 Offensive Consistency (+10)
25 Emotion
85 Potential (+8)

BADGES (0-0-4)
PERSONALITY: Laid Back
OUTSIDE SCORING: Deadeye (Bronze), Limitless Range (Bronze)
PLAYMAKING: Hestation Stunner (Bronze), Pick & Roll Maestro (Bronze)

STRENGTHS
His offensive game reminds me of Joe Johnson's, another 6'8" guard with middling athleticism made-up for with a crafty, All-Around half-court scoring/playmaking.

Johnson
Age 22: 13.9 PER, 49 TS%, 19 AST%, 22 USG%
Age 23: 15.1 PER, 56 TS%, 13 AST%, 19 USG%
Age 24: 17.9 PER, 56 TS%, 29 AST%, 25 USG%
Age 25: 19.5 PER, 54 TS%, 22 AST%, 28 USG% (All-Star)

Hood
Age 22: 12.3 PER, 53 TS%, 13 AST%, 20 USG%
Age 23: 15.1 PER, 56 TS%, 15 AST%, 22 USG%

Jazz fans would be thrilled if Hood followed JJ's career arch. The one caveat is that Johnson also had about 30 pounds on Hood and could play either wing position. Hood is going to need to bulk up if he wants to really take advantage of his skill in the post.

WEAKNESSES
DraftExpress had this to say about Hood's defense in their Pre-draft Scouting report
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...reakdown-4423/

Hood's biggest weakness as a NBA prospect likely revolves around his defense, as he shows questionable intensity on this end of the floor, rarely getting into an actual stance and frequently being knocked off balance and taken advantage of off the dribble due to his lack of strength. His relatively short arms don't do him any favors here, as he measured just a 6-8 wingspan on a few occasions, which is accurately reflected in his inability to generate steals (.9 per-40), blocks (.3) or rebounds (4.9), all of which rank among the worst rates in the draft at his position.

Thus far as a pro, Hood hasn't been able to dispel that. Written 3 days ago on RealGM...
http://basketball.realgm.com/analysi...dding-All-Star

On/off numbers can hardly encapsulate any individual’s entire impact. That being said, the Jazz are brutal on defense with Hood on the floor, allowing 5.9 more points per 100 possessions—the same gap between the league’s second and 20th-ranked units. Even though Utah’s normal starting lineup, with Hood at the two, allows only 95.6 points per 100 possessions, his individual defense needs to improve.

He either needs to focus more on defense and transition to role-player, or improve on offense to the point that it cancels out his defense (ala Harden).
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 02-25-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #69
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Going through the roster right now, some of these attributes are just puzzling.

Strength:
Gordon Hayward: 42 (220 lbs)
Raul Neto: 60 (172 lbs)
Arron Afflalo: 60 (215 lbs)
Danny Green: 60 (210 lbs)
Andre Roberson: 66 (210 lbs)
Marvin Williams: 50 (237 lbs)
Goran Dragic: 44 (190 lbs)
Jeff Teague: 64 (181 lbs)
Chris Paul: 58 (175 lbs)

What are these ratings based off of? Guys like Hayward and Williams are underrated going by the eye test.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 02-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #70
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Compare Kyrie's stats to Damian Lillard's (or even Isaiah Thomas) and tell me he should still go down.

Rose has gone up over the past 2 months, not down.
Do you even read what I post? I'm starting to question your comprehension, seriously. Ok, let me get back to my point because you're getting extreme w/ examples like I said just because you've played well the last 10 games you should be rated at your highest level of your career. Rose's last update:

Standing shot mid -1
Standing shot three -2
Moving shot mid -2
Standing shot three -2

Why the mid range decrease? He already couldn't shoot in the game (justifiably Lol). And he's actually making mid range shots now at a better percentage. Certainly not worse, so why didn't they just make it that low in the previous update rather than decreasing it again even though he's playing better?

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 02-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #71
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully

Just add.... 2k used stats from those new Cameras that were installed last season in all the stadiums. They track body movement and make data of everything from changes in a player speed to how well he shoots when contested... I think they can even get the temperature of a player (I might be wrong). But they used the stats and made huge changes last year to players. I think that's why they added the lateral quickness and reaction time rating this year. I can't to see what other ratings they add next season. I was just saying in another thread. One of my huge problems last year was Anthony Davis. CPU or User couldn't play like him at all. He out raced most SF's in transition. He was much quicker and faced up dribbled by his defenders 90% of the time. So guys like Monta Ellis and CP3 are actually much slow then he was on the court end to end. Because they dribble the ball a lot. But they were quicker than most of the league. Those camera are going to open a new door for us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Just add.... 2k used stats from those new Cameras that were installed last season in all the stadiums. They track body movement and make data of everything from changes in a player speed to how well he shoots when contested... I think they can even get the temperature of a player (I might be wrong). But they used the stats and made huge changes last year to players. I think that's why they added the lateral quickness and reaction time rating this year. I can't to see what other ratings they add next season. I was just saying in another thread. One of my huge problems last year was Anthony Davis. CPU or User couldn't play like him at all. He out raced most SF's in transition. He was much quicker and faced up dribbled by his defenders 90% of the time. So guys like Monta Ellis and CP3 are actually much slow then he was on the court end to end. Because they dribble the ball a lot. But they were quicker than most of the league. Those camera are going to open a new door for us.
Those cameras are nice thing regarding some attributes but to have a great basketball game they need to rescale player size/movement against court size. I don't see how in real world 3 players could clog up paint but in 2K 3 players in the paint and you literally have no space to move. I would say make players bit smaller and reduce their movement speed and also add some kind of body physics. It's not same thing bumping in Isaiah Thomas and bumping into Nikola Pekovic. Player weight should matter big time in sports game especially basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »