Home

Small Center Build

This is a discussion on Small Center Build within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #17
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Small Center Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Ibe watched him and played against him . He's not very good at all . You'll get away with an undersized big better at the park than pro am
That was my claim to fame! I was just using it as an example, though... it happens on the regular.

I know it's easy in Pro-Am Walk-on as well, but I can't speak for Pro-Am Team as I only play that with bigmen teammates.

I know my 6'11" PF friend plays as our Center some times (or goes up against 7'3" PFs) and it's the same with him - uses his speed/athleticism to outplay the 7'3" dudes.

I really think Pro-Am Team is a cluster f**k - I don't think we've seen what could be done with a group of truly good players... My bet is that the matchmaking is so poor that we won't see the best of the best until they fix it and it won't be the 2 tiny dudes 2 giant dudes lineup in the long run.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 03-09-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #18
Banned

For park I agree it is better to have smaller faster guy because it is child's play with no defense but for pro am team? You will get clowned with a small pf/c. Your speed won't help you rebound with a 5'' disadvantage.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #19
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
For park I agree it is better to have smaller faster guy because it is child's play with no defense but for pro am team? You will get clowned with a small pf/c. Your speed won't help you rebound with a 5'' disadvantage.
Is this really true? Even at the PF you have to be 7'3"?

I really hope it's just a case of it being such a new thing that people haven't shown what you can do yet.

Being 7'3" in real life (NBA) is something you rarely ever see and it is usually someone very slow/clunky. It sucks seeing such freakish players become the norm... especially at PF!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #20
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Is this really true? Even at the PF you have to be 7'3"?

I really hope it's just a case of it being such a new thing that people haven't shown what you can do yet.

Being 7'3" in real life (NBA) is something you rarely ever see and it is usually someone very slow/clunky. It sucks seeing such freakish players become the norm... especially at PF!
I mean you'll be fine in most pro am games. My guess is you will probably win 85% of your games still . But those top tier 15% will give you big trouble if they have two 7'3 centers
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #21
Rookie

Smh...you won't get killed in pro am going small...rebounding is all about positioning. If you know what you're doing you can DOMINATE with a small center. You just need those all important badges and make sure you're sf and of can rebound as well, because those 4 or 5 inches you're giving can be sacrificed if everyone on you're team stays thirsty on the glass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #22
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Smh...you won't get killed in pro am going small...rebounding is all about positioning. If you know what you're doing you can DOMINATE with a small center. You just need those all important badges and make sure you're sf and of can rebound as well, because those 4 or 5 inches you're giving can be sacrificed if everyone on you're team stays thirsty on the glass.
I believe this too.

I really don't see people pushing each other around enough in the game... I'm talking about basically running into your man and watching his arms flail all over his face lol - it works!

You can even set screens this way (without pushing the screen button) and it leads to steals too.

I consider this "bodying" my man in videogame form.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #23
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Good 7'3 centers with maxed rebounding + all the rebounding badges + max athleticism + max wing span will just grab the rebound over your head even if you box them out lol . I'm not joking . Good news is you don't see a lot of beast centers IMO .

Just imagine if you're good at positioning there is a 7'3 center who is just as good lol . Im not discouraging y'all because playing small is fun hell I made 6'11 big man . But I've also played well over 300 pro am games so I'm not talking out of the side of my neck here. Park is fine though.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you play a small center or pf make sure he is a shooter. Did a pro am game with 4 guards n one center n we kept their 7'3 center/pf real limited on glass n low post defense because he couldn't leave the shooter open n we killed them because of it.

Last edited by sirfreshalot718; 03-10-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »