Home

Bad Passes = Free Points?

This is a discussion on Bad Passes = Free Points? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #1
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Bad Passes = Free Points?

Why are bad players consistently rewarded for throwing bad passes by having the ball bounce off a defenders hands directly to someone standing wide open for a dunk or jumper? Why is it just because we switch sides of the floor my team of professional athletes forget how to catch a ball? And why does the ball somehow always seem to find an offensive players after it's tipped?

Whyyyyyyyyyy? You can't continue to allow people to score like this. if 2k doesn't do something about things like this they might as well just stop working on improving plays because 95% of the community will never consider touching any of them at all.

Full court pass + bad pass = 2 pts? this can't be life.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Bad Passes = Free Points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
Why are bad players consistently rewarded for throwing bad passes by having the ball bounce off a defenders hands directly to someone standing wide open for a dunk or jumper? Why is it just because we switch sides of the floor my team of professional athletes forget how to catch a ball? And why does the ball somehow always seem to find an offensive players after it's tipped?

Whyyyyyyyyyy? You can't continue to allow people to score like this. if 2k doesn't do something about things like this they might as well just stop working on improving plays because 95% of the community will never consider touching any of them at all.

Full court pass + bad pass = 2 pts? this can't be life.

I don't know man... Seems like a bang bang play as they say. I don't think you can win consistently doing what your opponent did there. I would say 8 out of 10 times. That full court pass is going out of bounds. And he was open on that play. The tip pass is a result of all the spamming years of the steal button. Now tip pass happen more often then anything.

Weirdly I'm ok with this play.

Now should 2k improve a little more yes. But I don't think you should get the steal just because you pressed the steal button here. These are those 50-50 balls a lot of people have been complaining about. Some of them I'm ok. Some I think people are expecting to win a situation because they pressed a button and should have the ball in their hands. And plus it's Dwight Howard. He's not that good at steals. Tip passes maybe.... But not steals like that.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

50/50 balls definitely don't seem 50/50 at all in this game.. Deflecting loose balls seems like a recovery by the offensive team at least 80% of the time and almost always ends up in a basket because of the scramble.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't know man... Seems like a bang bang play as they say. I don't think you can win consistently doing what your opponent did there. I would say 8 out of 10 times. That full court pass is going out of bounds. And he was open on that play. The tip pass is a result of all the spamming years of the steal button. Now tip pass happen more often then anything.

Weirdly I'm ok with this play.

Now should 2k improve a little more yes. But I don't think you should get the steal just because you pressed the steal button here. These are those 50-50 balls a lot of people have been complaining about. Some of them I'm ok. Some I think people are expecting to win a situation because they pressed a button and should have the ball in their hands. And plus it's Dwight Howard. He's not that good at steals. Tip passes maybe.... But not steals like that.
I'm "spamming" steal because thats what you have to do to stop forced passes. If you try to time it perfectly you just stand there with your hands out while the ball sails over your head.

I KNOW hes going to force a pass there. There isn't any doubt in my mind and yet it still works out. His entire offense was forcing passes and forcing shots inside. Obviously you can win consistently playing like that or he wouldn't have had the Patrick Ewing from beating the first seed in MyTeam.

Half court and full court passes only work 2/10 times? Lmao what game are you playing? If it only works 20%of the time why does the vast majority of the playerbase do it at any and every opportunity?

If you're trying to argue that Dwight Howard can't catch a ball just because he's on defense idk what to say. Whatever, lets say it should be a tip. Tipped pases in the Nba are either turnovers or they are going out of bounds. When was the last time you saw LeBron or Kawhi ump a pass and it resulted in a free dunk?

That play was the last example of many which made it convenient to upload. Please dont make me start posting every time this happens because I assure you I will have 3-5 clips from every single game I play.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
I'm "spamming" steal because thats what you have to do to stop forced passes. If you try to time it perfectly you just stand there with your hands out while the ball sails over your head.

I KNOW hes going to force a pass there. There isn't any doubt in my mind and yet it still works out. His entire offense was forcing passes and forcing shots inside. Obviously you can win consistently playing like that or he wouldn't have had the Patrick Ewing from beating the first seed in MyTeam.

Half court and full court passes only work 2/10 times? Lmao what game are you playing? If it only works 20%of the time why does the vast majority of the playerbase do it at any and every opportunity?

If you're trying to argue that Dwight Howard can't catch a ball just because he's on defense idk what to say. Whatever, lets say it should be a tip. Tipped pases in the Nba are either turnovers or they are going out of bounds. When was the last time you saw LeBron or Kawhi ump a pass and it resulted in a free dunk?

That play was the last example of many which made it convenient to upload. Please dont make me start posting every time this happens because I assure you I will have 3-5 clips from every single game I play.
I never said you were spamming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
50/50 balls definitely don't seem 50/50 at all in this game.. Deflecting loose balls seems like a recovery by the offensive team at least 80% of the time and almost always ends up in a basket because of the scramble.
Now that I can agree with. It doesn't feel 50-50.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

It gets way worse at the pro am
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #7
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It gets way worse at the pro am

ohhhhhhhhhhhh trust me, I know. pro-am is probably my most played game mode. it can get crazy out there, I always tell myself to just stop trying to steal bad passes and I can't help it.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #8
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I never said you were spamming.

my bad I misread your post. when this happened to me I just knew someone would say it was my fault because I was spamming and I got even more mad .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »