Home

Steph Curry needs to have his own signature skill like Lebron did...

This is a discussion on Steph Curry needs to have his own signature skill like Lebron did... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #41
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Steph Curry needs to have his own signature skill like Lebron did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
You guys are doing too much...all the devs would have to do is extend the shooting range for Stephen curry for 2k17.
Where regular players see a shot chart starting from the three point line in towards the rim, Stephen Curry's shot chart should start from like the opposite 3 point line and should start getting light red from half court and towards the regular 3 point like get dark red.

If this new shooting chart gets implemented with my career, I feel like if you have the limitless range badge and the closer badge you should gain a boost in 3 point percentage from really deep 3 point range in the last 4 minutes of a game. This wouldn't be something that gets activated until the final quarter.

Everyone wanted to be like mike growing up. Today is a new era and every kid wants to be lime Steph. What Steph is doing out on the court is REALITY. Not videogames...I believe his style of play should be reflected on the court and 2k should strive players to want to be as effective and great as he is. Argue all you want about breaking the game but this is REALLY happening in the NBA whether you like it or not.

Curry takes shots 100% of coaches would cuss you out for taking. He's a very difficult problem to solve in video game hoops that would involve keeping things both balanced and realistic. The rage that people would exhibit playing against guys routinely pulling up from 30+ feet and hitting net 60% of the time just because THE REAL STEPH can would break the internet . Now I wouldn't mind if my cpu opponent was playing like this but I'd feel upset with another user being awarded with some boost from 30+ feet taking what most coaches would consider a terrible shot. Again, I understand the want to have REAL STEPH in 2k but it's tough when his shot selection sometimes collides against everything 2k is trying to teach players..

Steph is not the 1st nor will he be the last to ever be poorly rep'd in a video game. Shaq for instance has never been rep'd accurately in regards to his dominance in his prime imo. Dude was virtually unstoppable but he never felt like that in game.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, it's sim ball we want. You're facing the exact problem that every coach in the NBA except Steve Kerr is having to deal with: How to contain Curry.

IMO you really can't contain him, especially after the OKC game, and the amount of ridiculously contested 3 pointers he made. That's just who he is, and that's how he should be represented.

With that said, there are plenty of ways 2K can incentivise people to play bad teams. I can think of one where it goes something like this:

If you play as GSW against any team, 1x for a W 0.5x for a L. If you play against GSW as a bad team, you'd get 2x reward for a W, 0.75x for a W.

With a reward system that heavily incentivise people to play bad teams like that, I think you'll see more diversity in online modes.

2K can also keep track of which team gets played most/least and every day/week have promotions for least played teams.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #43
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
Well, it's sim ball we want. You're facing the exact problem that every coach in the NBA except Steve Kerr is having to deal with: How to contain Curry.

IMO you really can't contain him, especially after the OKC game, and the amount of ridiculously contested 3 pointers he made. That's just who he is, and that's how he should be represented.

With that said, there are plenty of ways 2K can incentivise people to play bad teams. I can think of one where it goes something like this:

If you play as GSW against any team, 1x for a W 0.5x for a L. If you play against GSW as a bad team, you'd get 2x reward for a W, 0.75x for a W.

With a reward system that heavily incentivise people to play bad teams like that, I think you'll see more diversity in online modes.

2K can also keep track of which team gets played most/least and every day/week have promotions for least played teams.

When it comes down to it, people just want to win and a reward system wouldn't prevent anyone from using the warriors all the time for a better chance at a W if you were to grant Curry some 30+ foot badge imo. I would deal with it if they added it but most users imo would abuse something like that to the point of ruining the game head to head. The only way they could make a badge like that relatively reasonable is if the badge only kicks in after you have already established a hot streak (Ex: Make 7 of 8 Jumpers and get a slight boost from farther out (3%-5%) but only if you hit a solid green release on that shot). This would force people to take smart open shots 1st before pulling up for shots 4 steps from halfcourt lol.

Someone said here that people only want sim when it's convenient and that is true sometimes. If you are playing with/against Clips or Pistons do you want someone to be able to intentionally foul DJ or Drummond for 5-6 minutes of a period(happens in the real NBA)? Bad snaps, bad handoffs are a reality in the NFL but do you want them happening in a game like Madden - completely out of your control? People can sometimes become very selective when it comes to what they want in a sim for reality's sake.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 03-02-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:08 AM   #44
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Someone said here that people only want sim when it's convenient and that is true sometimes. If you are playing with/against Clips or Pistons do you want someone to be able to intentionally foul DJ or Drummond for 5-6 minutes of a period(happens in the real NBA)? Bad snaps, bad handoffs are a reality in the NFL but do you want them happening in a game like Madden - completely out of your control? People can sometimes become very selective when it comes to what they want in a sim for reality's sake.
Yes to all of this. These are supposed to be sim sports games. Add an option to disable or disable online. I want all of these things for my franchise and career modes.

Its part of the sport.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #45
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Curry takes shots 100% of coaches would cuss you out for taking. He's a very difficult problem to solve in video game hoops that would involve keeping things both balanced and realistic. The rage that people would exhibit playing against guys routinely pulling up from 30+ feet and hitting net 60% of the time just because THE REAL STEPH can would break the internet . Now I wouldn't mind if my cpu opponent was playing like this but I'd feel upset with another user being awarded with some boost from 30+ feet taking what most coaches would consider a terrible shot. Again, I understand the want to have REAL STEPH in 2k but it's tough when his shot selection sometimes collides against everything 2k is trying to teach players..

Steph is not the 1st nor will he be the last to ever be poorly rep'd in a video game. Shaq for instance has never been rep'd accurately in regards to his dominance in his prime imo. Dude was virtually unstoppable but he never felt like that in game.
Quote:
When it comes down to it, people just want to win and a reward system wouldn't prevent anyone from using the warriors all the time for a better chance at a W if you were to grant Curry some 30+ foot badge imo. I would deal with it if they added it but most users imo would abuse something like that to the point of ruining the game head to head. The only way they could make a badge like that relatively reasonable is if the badge only kicks in after you have already established a hot streak (Ex: Make 7 of 8 Jumpers and get a slight boost from farther out (3%-5%) only if you hit a solid green release on that shot). This would force people to take smart open shots 1st before pulling up for shots 4 steps from halfcourt lol.

Totally agree!!! Finally someone with sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #46
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Yes to all of this. These are supposed to be sim sports games. Add an option to disable or disable online. I want all of these things for my franchise and career modes.

Its part of the sport.
I think the CPU could use it in the right way. But a human... You wish...

I love the idea of getting hot first.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #47
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

Steph Curry has made something like 26/50 from over 30ft for the season so far (I think I read that) yet I'm certain people would chuck up that amount of shots in one game and people are screaming for realism.. Bit hard to have anything realistic for Steph Curry because the desire to win online results in people going past the realms of realism completely..
Old 03-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
He has "limitless range" badge.

Lol even that badge isn't enough for him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »