Home

My Park/Pro-Am help (newb questions)

This is a discussion on My Park/Pro-Am help (newb questions) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
My Park/Pro-Am help (newb questions)

Need some help from the My Park/Pro-Am guys (I'm assuming this where I'd start ?).

I've played 2k since dreamcast. I strictly play online (from 2k1 to 2k16). Ranked matches, this year, Play Now Online. I never really play/understand the other game modes. I usually stop playing online ranked/all together after the season is done.

This year I want to continue playing 2k into/thru the summer/offseason.

Can you guys guide me as to what I need to do, because I honestly don't even know where to start.

I want to just create my player and go online and play/rank up.

What do I do ? Where do i start ??

Thanks,

PS: I don't want to play offline at all, strictly online.

PPS: Sorry for the newb question, I'm a old veteran of this series but have never honestly touched or paid attention to these modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My Park/Pro-Am help (newb questions)

Just go inside the game and click on my career and create a player and start playing. I don't get posts like these.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Your gonna have to play offline in order to build up your player and earn badges through MyCareer. Otherwise spend $50 on VC to get your player up to an 80 or so and just wish for the best competing in MyPark or Pro-Am
Superstar 1
Win Percentage: 80%
Old 03-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoG0nSt0pME
Your gonna have to play offline in order to build up your player and earn badges through MyCareer. Otherwise spend $50 on VC to get your player up to an 80 or so and just wish for the best competing in MyPark or Pro-Am
Ok. Thanks for the info man.

So I cant just start off playing online. I have to start in my career (offline) go through the mode, build up the character, get badges. Then go into my park, then pro-am.

So its not as easy as I thought.

I got like 120,000 VC built up from play now online. Is that enough to build up a character with out going thru my career ?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

You can use your VC to upgrade your player. You dont have to play the offline part at all. However, you can raise the attribute cap and earn badges by playing the mode. You can not purchase badges or attribute levels. I have a buddy who doesnt have the time to put into the offline part and "purchased" his player. He competes just fine.

Edit: You do not need to progress through the mode. Just play until you have the option to enter mypark and pro-am. Cant remember when exactly that is

Last edited by sactown_13; 03-02-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
You can use your VC to upgrade your player. You dont have to play the offline part at all. However, you can raise the attribute cap and earn badges by playing the mode. You can not purchase badges or attribute levels. I have a buddy who doesnt have the time to put into the offline part and "purchased" his player. He competes just fine.

Edit: You do not need to progress through the mode. Just play until you have the option to enter mypark and pro-am. Cant remember when exactly that is
Thank you sir. This is the kind of OS info I was looking for.

Do have any idea what 120,00 VC can make ?? Can I make a decent player with that ??
Old 03-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Thank you sir. This is the kind of OS info I was looking for.

Do have any idea what 120,00 VC can make ?? Can I make a decent player with that ??

I think 120,000 VC will get you to 88 overall. You'll have to play MyCareer games to unlock upgrades to exceed 88 overall though. And it's also good to try and get badges. Will make park a lot easier depending on which badges you unlock.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fastest way to level your MC player. Play (or foul if you don't care about badges stats) the game until the start of the 2nd half. Click pause, quit, "ask to sit". You'll still get VC and stats towards badges.

Then make sure you do every practice (you can skip the drills if you don't care about the gym rat badge).

99pg 99sf 99c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »