Home

2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

This is a discussion on 2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #1
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

All right please don't clutter this with a bunch of jibber jabber and nonsense. Just the dam facts. LOL.

Obviously any new freelances/plays you hope to see. Any source material is always welcome. Also any requests for the AI on offense.

I really want to hear from the people who spent the most time playing. vs the AI on what you would like to see as far as execution improvements for your AI opponents.

Thinking of removing the least used freelances as that is just maintenance so if there are one's you really like let me know that also.

Please, please don't go into anything not related to the topic...Please.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

First of all thanks for all the work and effort you all put into the Freelance Sets.
What I'd like to see more are not specific Freelance Offenses, but I'd like to have more options beside Spread The Floor, Motion Cuts etc.
Some Options like:
- 3 Point Plays
- Mid Range
- Milk the Clock (Where you can eat up time once being in a comfortable lead)
- Stretch the Bigs, where you will emphasize on Pick and Fade based plays/actions

If this is or will be covered ben the POE, i am fine with it.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

I think I can speak for a vast majority of MyCareer players when I say that we do spend a lot of time vs the computer AI and with our computer AI teammates. If there is any way that our teammates can be made to play like their real life counterparts so that we don't have to become HOF players it would be great.

Some of us just want to be role players for our careers, but it's hard when you've got guys like DWade as a teammate and he doesn't resemble the future HOF player that he is. I'm sure (hopefully) you're aware of this as it's been something the community has been asking for for years now.

I appreciate all the freelance options, but our AI teammates make some really bad decisions (ie always kicking it to us at the end of the shot clock). It would be nice to have the option to take over a game for the win, not a requirement for us to take over the game to get the win.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 PM   #4
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Can you link the quick play stuff to the free lance were in "cut to basket,quick pick n roll, get opean, quick post up"? Similar to how smart play worked in the past. Example if im on the wing with my pg in triangle. And i call 4 quick prn can i get authentic "circle/runner' action oppsed to random prn. Sorry for jibber jabber just somthing ive been wanting to sugest for a while seems like the best place to put it.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #5
Pro

DaCzar,

I play against the AI 95% of the time.

For POE, when it says play through 'insert player' I assume that means score through that player. If we could have the Option to initiate offense thru player (Think Draymomd) or score thru player I think that would add a lot of dynamic to the play through concept. Initiate or score through as I may not want or want the AI forcing shots with Draymond but more or less creating offense for other players.

Offensively I'd like to see the AI run their offense a little more quickly (play development can be a bit predicable but this may be due to how fast plays run, not their offense) and utilize more plays throughout the game. It seems like the AI will use 5-10 plays/game when their are 30 that can be ran. At the end of the game the bread and butter should be utilized.

I'd also recommend more back-door plays for alley oops as it seems to be common when players over-play so maybe add a second branch when people are anticipating the perimeter shot off a screen/post-up as well?

I'll add more later as I play the game; thank you for giving us, as a community an opportunity to effect the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 05:38 AM   #6
Banned

Orlandosimgamer35's Arena

I think the teammate AI is really unrealistic and forces you to try to control all 5 guys the entire possession just to keep the CPU from getting a good look.. I feel like my teammates should play just like the opponent AI IMO.. Even though I don't use it but If I was to use player lock I would get killed because my teammates don't play smart enough or react fast enough like the opponent AI does just like in my career..

No matter what defensive settings you use if you don't control every player your teammates will end up out of position getting sucked into the paint for no reason.. That is really my only issue with the entire game.. I mostly play my league/mygm if y'all can fix teammate AI I'd have no complaints.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 AM   #7
Banned

Orlandosimgamer35's Arena

Also this may be a little off topic but its important.

When the CPU ice the screen it should not be able to then slide back in front of me before I even use it. There are a couple dribble moves that are just to slow to be effective. Mainly the ones your player does by himself like the in and out. Real nice move just to slow and it gives the defender time to recover.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #8
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for the great work you've done man. It's simply amazing. I play 100% my league and play now against ai.
I don't have any specific requests. I mostly run pace, flow, swing, 4-1 motion, and corner. I love them all. My only request would be that freelance would initiate more quickly. Flow in particular seems to waste way too much clock before initiating.
Thanks again. The evolution of freelance has improved my 2k experience immeasurably.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »