Home

NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

While most of its consumers were asleep, Visual Concepts quietly installed a server-side update on Saturday morning that changed the success rate of 3-pointers in NBA 2K16's 2K Pro-Am mode. These adjustments have allowed users to achieve a perfect "green" release from various spots along the 3-point line.

Earlier this month, Gameplay Director Mike Wang revealed that a "green" release in NBA 2K16 multiplies your shot's success rate by two. So if you take a jumper that's graded with a 40 percent probability of going in, and your timing is perfect, that chance of scoring increases to 80 percent.

Read More - NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am

It's tough man . We're not here playing 12 minutes a quarter , having to deal with fatigue , stifling defense , adjustments etc ... So missing open shots constantly felt forced .

I see the other side too , no one should be shooting 80% on threes as a team every game .

If the game is going the realistic shooting route then other things like loose balls, blocking , passes in traffic need to be adjusted as well.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Damn, so you guys saying shooting was changed were definitely on to something. For the guys that play offline, has this affected play against the cpu?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2016, 10:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Do whatever you want, just don't touch the midranges again. For the love of all that's holy, don't touch the midranges again.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
It favors certain shot releases and makes ratings irrelevant. I dont like it at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Damn, so you guys saying shooting was changed were definitely on to something. For the guys that play offline, has this affected play against the cpu?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Mike said the shooting was changed in every mode. I haven't played MyCareer in a few weeks but I am pretty sure the CPU 3 point shot might be going in more. I hope it's wrong though, CPU already made too many 3s beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Do whatever you want, just don't touch the midranges again. For the love of all that's holy, don't touch the midranges again.

I agree. Please leave the midranges alone. Period.

I just wish Mike will just settle w/ something. Soon as you get used to something it'll be changed again. Either change it back to what it was or just leave it this way instead of trying something else. I prefer the previous but it's whatever.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-02-2016, 11:01 PM   #7
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

It was fine the way it was a couple months ago. They went and made it too low then they made it too high when people asked for it to be raised.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:26 PM   #8
Banned

I mean 2K is always trying so hard to be realistic but besides the shooting, the gameplay as a whole is still fake. So just put the shooting back to how it was in 2k15 and let us get excellents from the 3pt line with 70 and up 3pt ratings.
How about next year for the Pro Am and Park stop allowing everybody to make Steph Currys and 90 and up 3pt ratings... Its not even necessary. In 2K15, you were perfectly capable of getting a green release with a 70 rated 3pt attribute as long as you were wide open. Keep it that way and worry about the other stuff in 2K because like I said, the game is fake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »