Home

Suggested settings and sliders for a very rusty player

This is a discussion on Suggested settings and sliders for a very rusty player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1
Suggested settings and sliders for a very rusty player

Hey everyone,
I just picked up 2K16 for the PS4... It's literally been years and years since I played a basketball game. So I have no idea what to put for difficulty settings or sliders. Admittedly I'm looking for something that is not super easy but not super difficult. Something that would make playing with a good team against another good team a fair fun competitive game where if I played like an absolute moron I'd be getting penalized for it but also where I didn't need to play perfectly all the time to guarantee not getting wiped out. Something for the casual player to provide a fun challenge, but probably something admittedly that leaned in the players favor slightly since I'm sure I'm never going to memorize all of the moves for the amount I'll be playing.

I'd like to set up a season and play with the team on those settings. I'll probably choose Toronto or Chicago. Also if anyone has some suggested trades to improve those teams it would be great LOL

So if anyone has a thread currently exists that I should look at and consider could you please Direct me to it since I have no idea how competitive the different settings are on this game. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Suggested settings and sliders for a very rusty player

These should be right up your alley.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=858388

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0

Opponent field goal sliders down is a must.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:00 AM   #4
Banned

Another thing, next-gen sports titles are MUCH different than the old-gen games.

There's a learning curve that's kinda steep when you are transitioning from one to the other. Or attempting to use what you did in 2k12 on ps3 in this game.

point being, take your time and figure out what the settings that help you enjoy the game.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

Great. Thanks for the replies

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #6
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Also be sure to check out the freelance and defense stickied threads on here. Follow Sam Pham and Cardinalbird7 on YouTube and watch their tutorials. And of course DaCzar.
I understand basketball pretty well but have never been an every day 2k player until this year. I started out using armor& swords sliders after launch. I made sure to read everything I could find on here about offensive and defensive strategy. I went into scrimmage to practice the different freelance offenses so I could identify what works for my team. Then I just played basketball as DaCzar would say.
It took some practice but now I'm using Sim World's roster and SS slider set with great success in my league. I was terrified of SS just a couple of months ago. Never went above AS in years past. I also have a winning record online which never happened before either, though I'm mostly an offline franchise player.
Stick with it and use the tools available. The community is great and this game is highly addictive once you start learning and applying that in games.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Also be sure to check out the freelance and defense stickied threads on here. Follow Sam Pham and Cardinalbird7 on YouTube and watch their tutorials. And of course DaCzar.
I understand basketball pretty well but have never been an every day 2k player until this year. I started out using armor& swords sliders after launch. I made sure to read everything I could find on here about offensive and defensive strategy. I went into scrimmage to practice the different freelance offenses so I could identify what works for my team. Then I just played basketball as DaCzar would say.
It took some practice but now I'm using Sim World's roster and SS slider set with great success in my league. I was terrified of SS just a couple of months ago. Never went above AS in years past. I also have a winning record online which never happened before either, though I'm mostly an offline franchise player.
Stick with it and use the tools available. The community is great and this game is highly addictive once you start learning and applying that in games.

cool, I'll check that out, thanks
Old 03-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

You might want to check out MyCareer too. It's focused on a fake dude you make, but it kind of teaches you how to play the game.

Now that I know how to play my MyCareer player, I can use a lot of that knowledge with any team.

Not to mention, the best part about these Next Gen games is the online playing and MyPark and Pro-Am are pretty fun (flaws and all).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »