Home

Franchise quarter length – how long do you use?

This is a discussion on Franchise quarter length – how long do you use? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #25
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise quarter length – how long do you use?

I always play a quarter and simcast the rest. As a simhead who only touches MyGM/MyLeague I find it very immersive.

Start the game up as usual but for Road games I'll play the entire first quarter and simcast the rest. If it's a close enough game say within 7/8 points then I'll play with 2 minutes remaining to try and earn my way back. Otherwise I'll jump back in within the last shotclock and reflect from there.

Home games are the opposite so I'll begin the game in the 1st until I score my first bucket and then simcast until the last shotclock of the 3rd quarter regardless of the score. To me this is the closest thing to a Home/Away dynamic.

So I may be up 20 points leading into the fourth at home but I've had games where I'll give up a comeback, lose and vice versa. Even on Away games if I join with two minutes left because the score is close doesn't mean I'm guaranteed a win either. The stats line up well and the best part (and major reason I play like this) is your games are finished within 15 to 20 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #26
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I do the opposite and simcast the first 3 qtrs and play the 4th. Can get through a season quite easily.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #27
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

I play 12 minutes.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #28
Pro

11 minutes when playing; 12 minutes when simulating.

I play the full games. Sometimes, if I had a long day at work, I'll play first half and save the second half for the next day. Stats are very accurate and the CPU and I have to utilize our whole team to pull out the the wins.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #29
Rookie

I play 9 minutes
Old 04-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #30
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I use 10 and up the game speed to get scores in the 100s. So the pace is a bit faster but the stats are realistic. Then I normalize minutes to the full 12 min so for MPG stats are realistic for each player.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #31
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious
I played an exhibition game on 12 minutes and it seemed really long. I'm thinking about maybe 9 minutes as a compromise. What do you guys use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only play 12qtr's. Im OCD about stats and realism, but you should choose whatever gives you the most fun, after all it is a video game, so there isnt a right or wrong way, regardless what anyone might say.

There is a option in MyLeague, where you can play whatever qtr length you choose, and it will normalized the stats for a 12 qtr game length. Ive never used it, since I only play full length games, but you could try that out and see how it works if your wanting to do a MyLeague.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I like to make progress in my league and I noticed on 12 mins I'd quickly get bored because I knew I wouldn't have the bandwidth to make it deep into a season, let alone an 80-year MyLeague. When I re-downloaded 2K17 a couple days ago I said, "Ya know, just play 6 mins and set the sim to 6 mins and let the chips fall where they may. CLE is leading the league in PPG at 65. The league leader in scoring is averaging 21 ppg. Those numbers are perfectly fine with me because we're all playing within the same constraints!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I play 12 min quarters and most of the games. Late in the season I only play teams near or over .500

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »