Home

NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #57
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent916
I've spend approximately $600 dollars on packs in this year's My Team. Now, it must be noted I have a good team, HOWEVER given ALL the money I've spent the single best pull was 94 Kevin Garnett (80k). You may say, that's good. But in all fairness, I think EVERYONE would submit for that kind of money you better provide me with an ALL-TIME Great Diamond somebody. NOPE. I never pulled a single great Diamond.

What it did was provide me with enough cards I could buy and sell to now have a starting 5 full of diamonds. Is it worth it? Hell No. The mode is very shallow and I will not be doing it again. There's little point. You reach the 1 seed and you're done. The mode DESPERATELY needs to be expanded.

So just beware. If you're spending your hard earned money thinking you are going to pull a bunch of diamond players, YOU MIGHT, but you might not pull one.
If u spent 1/3rd as much to MT sellers you'd have all diamond lineup for sure. That's how things are messed up.

I don't understand those playoffs and other "special occasion" cards. Having an alternative card for same player from the some previous season seems ok , but there is an extra card that is based on one game and kills the use of others. Why there should be diamond 99 playoffs lebron, when there is such thing as dynamic lebron that gets updated within current season + po ?

Last edited by Vroman; 06-16-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #58
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

This mode was awesome this year, most amount of hours I've put into a MyTeam mode but those ridiculous Diamond cards nearly ruined it for me.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #59
Rookie

Recency bias aside, I honestly think 2k has taken a step back in MyTeam every single year since 2K14. Apologize for the rant but...

Moment Cards

The way they have done moments cards this year is simply idiotic. It's clear that they've decided on the card's ovrl first, and fit all attributes around that, which is completely *** backwards. Diamond Ty Lawson, anyone?

For me the essence of the game mode has always been centred around those fun theoretical discussions of "oh, would x lineup of greats win, or would y?" With so many cards given diamonds for the sake of them being a diamond, the credibility of the card rating system is absolutely lost. This sucks a ton of the fun out of the mode for me.

Tournaments

What the heck happened to these?? Having tournaments with worthwhile rewards and lineup restrictions were great for the mode in my opinion. These actually gave a purpose to the throwback thursday Rick Foxes and Andre Millers, and challenged you to be creative with your lineups. In 2k16 there is little to no emphasis on team building - the mode is an boring, linear arms race to get the Jordans, Lebrons etc.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
This mode was awesome this year, most amount of hours I've put into a MyTeam mode but those ridiculous Diamond cards nearly ruined it for me.
That is my biggest problem this year as well. There should never be a Ty Lawson card rated higher than Magic, Larry, Michael etc. Also, the Larry Bird card I would love to have has such ridiculously low speed and acceleration that he looks fairly useless in a mode that emphasizes speed so highly. I know his skill set is hard to replicate but he looks like a barely upgraded Kevin Love. I would like to see the all time great players have more of a significant advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »