Home

NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

Has a friend ever told you about a popular song you have yet to hear? He tells you that it’s tearing up the charts and he can’t figure out why because it’s so terrible. So one day, you’re driving home from work and the song finally comes on the radio. You’re ready to agree with your friend, but you find yourself bobbing your head and thinking, “you know, this song ain’t that bad.” You’re almost embarrassed to admit it, but you actually like the song.

Well, that’s the frame of mind I was in when I wrote this article three months ago. And now that I’ve listened to the song a few times, I now understand where my friend was coming from.

Read More - NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
this is so funny i just got done playing around 3 or 4 hours.....everything i do revolving around myteam heres what happened.....played mycareer to get 7,500 vs opened a steph curry pack got ricky peice thats a quck sell 850mt...bought a ad pack a little later got a free agent bronze...i might add that the ad packs have been recently nuked of all badges or anything of value dont believe me try em......played a game of gauntlet it was a chore but i won he had 3... 3 point shooters diamond crawford.....rewards allen and dynamic d green...got 2 picks on the board and got a jersey...no value.....and a broze contract...this is why i refuse to buy nba 2k17...i paid 60 already for the game...wtf is 2ks problem...i geuss my time is worth nothing to them except a bronze contract..
Old 03-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
I totally agree, I have spent hundreds of dollars on MyTeam (pack whore). My lineup is decent, but I can't stand the odds. I pulled James Harden and Lebron James early on, I sold Harden to pick up other pieces for my squad. Got lucky and pulled Anthony Davis, sold him and picked up Steph Curry. I spent, what felt like $1,000,000 to get Anthony Davis again and worked the block to get some DPOTY players and the ROTY Michael Jordan. I know it seems like I should be happy with my team, but after spending well over $300 on a game that I spent $90 (Michael Jordan edition) for, I feel like an idiot. I think the pack odds should be adjusted to reward people that buy with MT over VC. I also think the promo packs should only be purchased with MT, with better odds at getting cards from the promo.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
What is with everyone all of sudden wanting handouts in UT modes? Specifically Myteam?

Bronze players? Are you opening up the cheapest packs? TBT packs and League VIPs never give bronze players.

Why havent you tried to get any of the free amerhyst players you recieve from beating the cpu challenges. Why was that not mentioned at all. You can have a stacked team without opening up a single pack.

Kinda disappointed in OS with this "Poor me and my pack luck" article.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Seems like people want juiced packs. I don't feel bad for people who spend hundreds of dollars on these modes and get burnt. You can easily play this mode and spend A DIME.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginald_rush
I totally agree, I have spent hundreds of dollars on MyTeam (pack whore). My lineup is decent, but I can't stand the odds. I pulled James Harden and Lebron James early on, I sold Harden to pick up other pieces for my squad. Got lucky and pulled Anthony Davis, sold him and picked up Steph Curry. I spent, what felt like $1,000,000 to get Anthony Davis again and worked the block to get some DPOTY players and the ROTY Michael Jordan. I know it seems like I should be happy with my team, but after spending well over $300 on a game that I spent $90 (Michael Jordan edition) for, I feel like an idiot. I think the pack odds should be adjusted to reward people that buy with MT over VC. I also think the promo packs should only be purchased with MT, with better odds at getting cards from the promo.
That's on you for spending that type of money.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

Anyone who complains about pack luck etc on MyTeam, should really give FIFA Ultimate Team a run...
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 03-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
Just started!

As a longtime mycareer player on basketball games I decided to give myteam a try for the first time in NBA2k16. It started out super fun, having historical players mixed in with the current stars is tough to beat but it has grown a bit boring for me. Getting good players is a crap shoot and playing online is a quit-fest of cheese. I think this mode has a lot of potential but pack prices and odds really are out of control.

Thanks for all the great articles OS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »