Home

My Career Playing Time

This is a discussion on My Career Playing Time within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Career Playing Time

it think this deserves its own thread. the issue has been adressed in many threads before, but probably got lost there.

so why has 2k not changed the playing time in my career yet? no matter what the score is, you have to play up to 44 or more minutes. that's highly annoying for people who don't want to use the option to sim to the end of the game, since it's not really benching your player, but rather just sims it to the end, which will alter your stats.

the worst example i had was when i was actually substituted when my team was way ahead, and then was substituted back into the game for the last 2 minutes, since i haven't played my 38 minutes, which i have to play according to the game plan. that's bull****!

PLEASE 2k, change the playing time! it's not fun grinding out games which are done after the 3rd quarter. it does not reflect real nba basketball. yesterday, steph curry playerd 29 minutes in a blow out against portland, because the game was over after the 3rd quarter. i want that to be in the game. of course it should be different if you are a 65 overall scrub. then it should be you who's in for the garbage time. but not if you are the 95+ overall superstar.

it's not 1995 anymore. james harde leads the nba in minutes per game and he plays 37,8 mins/game. kevin durant is 6th with 36,3 mins, kemba walker 10th with 36 mins. only 3 players play more than 37 mins/game in the whole league. stephen curry play 33,9 mins/game and he's arguably the best player in the world right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 07:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My Career Playing Time

If you are up and it's late 4th, you can just ask out.

That's the whole point of the ask out feature.

And they only sim to reflect the simulation of a 12 minute game. They do take your player out, but if you have it set to 9 mins, they gonna sim to reflect 12 minutes.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool

And they only sim to reflect the simulation of a 12 minute game. They do take your player out, but if you have it set to 9 mins, they gonna sim to reflect 12 minutes.
it's NOT the same! if you ask out, the game will be regularly simulated to the end. that DOES NOT mean that your player will be benched till the end of the game, but rather that the game will sub him in and out again during the simulation. that will change the stats and playing time of your player. if you ask out after the 3rd quarter and you have played 30 minutes, you very likely will have 40 minutes on the scoreboard. it's NOT an option for someone who would like to play without any simmed stats. that ask out feature sucks tbh.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #4
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

What if you just foul yourself out? Then you won't come back in if you have a huge lead and your stats (aside from personal fouls) won't be effected?
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 03-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
it's NOT the same! if you ask out, the game will be regularly simulated to the end. that DOES NOT mean that your player will be benched till the end of the game, but rather that the game will sub him in and out again during the simulation. that will change the stats and playing time of your player. if you ask out after the 3rd quarter and you have played 30 minutes, you very likely will have 40 minutes on the scoreboard. it's NOT an option for someone who would like to play without any simmed stats. that ask out feature sucks tbh.
No, like I said.

They simulate based on mins.

If you put it on 6 mins, and you get a 20 point lead at the end of the second, they gonna simulate as if you did 12 mins and your stats might shift a little bit.

I sim all the time, I sim with 3 mins left in the 4th, nothing changes.

And I started playing 12 mins and nothing has changed when I have simmed.

Check your sim settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
it think this deserves its own thread. the issue has been adressed in many threads before, but probably got lost there.

so why has 2k not changed the playing time in my career yet? no matter what the score is, you have to play up to 44 or more minutes. that's highly annoying for people who don't want to use the option to sim to the end of the game, since it's not really benching your player, but rather just sims it to the end, which will alter your stats.

the worst example i had was when i was actually substituted when my team was way ahead, and then was substituted back into the game for the last 2 minutes, since i haven't played my 38 minutes, which i have to play according to the game plan. that's bull****!

PLEASE 2k, change the playing time! it's not fun grinding out games which are done after the 3rd quarter. it does not reflect real nba basketball. yesterday, steph curry playerd 29 minutes in a blow out against portland, because the game was over after the 3rd quarter. i want that to be in the game. of course it should be different if you are a 65 overall scrub. then it should be you who's in for the garbage time. but not if you are the 95+ overall superstar.

it's not 1995 anymore. james harde leads the nba in minutes per game and he plays 37,8 mins/game. kevin durant is 6th with 36,3 mins, kemba walker 10th with 36 mins. only 3 players play more than 37 mins/game in the whole league. stephen curry play 33,9 mins/game and he's arguably the best player in the world right now.
They had this fixed for a little while and I don't know what happened to screw it up. For about a month or so when I played, I would get subbed out regularly and be benched late 3rd/early 4th if we got a big lead and I would stay out unless the other team started to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool

The ask out feature is trash. If you ask out with 30 minutes played on your scoresheet then it should stay 30 minutes. If your player is still counted as playing and stats are being counted then he is not being taken out of the game.

I play 12 minute quarters and I asked out with ~3 minutes left in the 3rd up 41(87-46) against the '6ers; in the 27 minutes I played I went 15/23(2/6 from 3) from the floor and 8/8 from the line for 40 points as well as 15 boards 13 assists with 0 TOs. The game simmed to the end and I had 43 points on 16/30(3/9 from 3) and 8/13 from the line, 15 boards, 14 assists and 4 TOs and 38 minutes played in a game we won by 54(114-60), meaning the game only took me out for about 1 minute the rest of the way. That makes absolutely no sense Before that game I had gone ~600/600 from the FT line.

Last edited by nova91; 03-13-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Along with leaving you in for blowout games, the AI has zero coaching strategy. Probably not the best thread for this but it relates somewhat. They take timeouts literally the next possession after the other team takes a time out. Generally leaving us with 3 time outs for the entire 4th quarter.

On top of only having 3 time outs for the 4th quarter the AI leaves you in the entire second half (Or at least for me) the only way to get out and get a short rest before the 4th quarter is to foul or run around and burn stamina like a crazy person.

It wouldnt even be so bad in a close game... if you actually had timeouts to burn for stamina.

They need to fix this. MyCareer is so close to being a very good mode.

Last edited by scooterperpetual; 03-13-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Along with leaving you in for blowout games, the AI has zero coaching strategy. Probably not the best thread for this but it relates somewhat. They take timeouts literally the next possession after the other team takes a time out. Generally leaving us with 3 time outs for the entire 4th quarter.

On top of only having 3 time outs for the 4th quarter the AI leaves you in the entire second half (Or at least for me) the only way to get out and get a short rest before the 4th quarter is to foul or run around and burn stamina like a crazy person.

It wouldnt even be so bad in a close game... if you actually had timeouts to burn for stamina.

They need to fix this. MyCareer is so close to being a very good mode.
MyCareer sucks, it literally has no purpose for me besides grinding for Park.

You are better off making creating a player, putting him on a team, and playing with player lock. That way you have your sliders, you have control how stupid the computer is, you can create real coaching lineups and etc.

2K11 had a good MyCareer mode, 2K has been going backwards ever since.

Mode is straight trash and intolerable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »