Home

Quick Tip: How To Beat Double Team Cheesers

This is a discussion on Quick Tip: How To Beat Double Team Cheesers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Quick Tip: How To Beat Double Team Cheesers

I always wanted to make this thread but didn't have the necessary footage to give examples. Luckily I ran across a double team cheeser today and captured quite a few tips. It's really quite simple.

To beat a double team, all you have to do is just hit the fake pass button and you will automatically break out of the animation. From there you can find the open man.

You see the double team coming so it's best to not force anything. Once the double team comes your teammates will automatically space the floor and get into the correct positions for easy buckets. Wait for the animation to kick in hit the fake pass button but don't pass to the man that the double teamer was defending. Odds are you're opponent will bring their man over to try and play the passing lane and steal the pass so think one more step ahead. Most people are going to send double teams with the wing players and not the big man under the basket. What does this mean? They will rotate to the wing player to try and steal the pass and this will leave the man under the basket wide open for an easy dunk. If not? Keep swinging the ball until you hit the open man.

Examples:

Right here I get a stop and am bring the ball up with LeBron. My first possession of the game and I'm already getting hit with double teams. I let the animation start, I hit the fake pass, wait for my teammates to space the floor. You see my opponent quickly switch to Ibaka to try and pick off the pass, luckily I wait a little, now Ibaka tries to go for the steal and is completely out of position and Wade is wide open under the basket for an easy dunk.

This next example, I break out of the first double team but a second one comes. You see my opponent once again is anticipating me to pass the ball to Chalmers so he switches off ball to try and steal the ball. Now Birdman is wide open under the basket but I know Adams is going to rotate over to try and block the dunk so I pass it off over to LeBron for the easy wide open corner three.

Remember the key is to be patient.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quick Tip: How To Beat Double Team Cheesers

not sure if it works offline. the cpu constantly DT at the post. definitely will give a try, tks for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »