Home

Potential for cross network play for nba 2k17?

This is a discussion on Potential for cross network play for nba 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Potential for cross network play for nba 2k17?

As you may know this was just announced

Quote:
Microsoft is announcing a big new feature for Xbox owners today: cross-network play. It's something the software giant has hinted at for years, and now it seems the reality of PS4, Xbox One, and PC players playing the same game together might finally happen. Developers building games for Xbox One and Windows 10 will be able to support the feature, but it will require Sony and others to "participate" in order for games to be played across Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/14/11...-pc-ps4-gaming

So knowing that cross network play is now viable for PS4 And Xbox1... Do you think we could possibly see it be implemented for 2k17? Would you want to see it? Do you think the servers would hold up? Do you think it would improve the quality of online play?

The first game coming out for Xbox1 cross network is Rocket league next month I belive. Between Xbox1 and PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Potential for cross network play for nba 2k17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
As you may know this was just announced

So knowing that cross network play is now viable for PS4 And Xbox1... Do you think we could possibly see it be implemented for 2k17? Would you want to see it? Do you think the servers would hold up? Do you think it would improve the quality of online play?

The first game coming out for Xbox1 cross network is Rocket league next month I belive. Between Xbox1 and PC

I think we won't see it til 2k18 because I don't think 2k have enough time to make stable servers for this yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Good...now I can stop bugging my friend about getting a PS4...
Old 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Oh...you thought parks were impossible to get into when there real NBA players in the park or hard to get in when your favorite youtuber or twitch streamer was online in a park...think how flooded the parks are gonna be when all ps4 owners meet up with Xbox one users and PC players...

2K servers have had legacy issues since 2k9 introduced team up....this server issue would need to be addressed first before we could expect cross platform play. Also the load times to get into a park or pro am game is ridiculous. Games lag you out of games as is...I can't imagine how terrible an experience this would be if 2k doesn't work on their online
Infrastructure. That has to be the priority moving forward because even though they've made strides to improve their inline network, it still doesn't compare to other online sports games. I pray and hope they figure it out because this is so ething we all want and is way overdue.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Oh...you thought parks were impossible to get into when there real NBA players in the park or hard to get in when your favorite youtuber or twitch streamer was online in a park...think how flooded the parks are gonna be when all ps4 owners meet up with Xbox one users and PC players...

2K servers have had legacy issues since 2k9 introduced team up....this server issue would need to be addressed first before we could expect cross platform play. Also the load times to get into a park or pro am game is ridiculous. Games lag you out of games as is...I can't imagine how terrible an experience this would be if 2k doesn't work on their online
Infrastructure. That has to be the priority moving forward because even though they've made strides to improve their inline network, it still doesn't compare to other online sports games. I pray and hope they figure it out because this is so ething we all want and is way overdue.
Do you think it's possible that adding a new park may minimze those issues? Maybe a park based on the famous Jackson Park in Chicago? Maybe for their attribute boost they get a boost to their post game, hustle, and finishing through contact. I think adding the 4th park would make it easier to support the population, so the parks don't get overly populated due to crossplay.. Thoughts?

Maybe 2 additional parks would be ideal. One based on Chicago and one based on ATL. I think it's the best way for them divide the population.

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 03-15-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #6
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Got to fix each single platforms problems first ......nevermind cross platform play.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #7
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

It would be more hassle and most likely a fad before it wares thin..

Firstly the user can have the option to turn it on/off which causes issues to begin with because 2K would have to make a decision on which option is the default and thus resulting in a lot of people not realizing and either turning it on/off as well.

You'd have major issues to finance more servers to allow for it to happen, so instead of three platform servers you'd have to implement XBOX/PS cross server, PC/XBOX cross server and so forth. Financially it may not be worth it based on the numbers who will most likely play that way.. As it stands 2K are selling a lot of units, would adding this to the game (which could cause issues) mean they sell more units? Or would the numbers be about the same? Then compare that with how much it would cost to maintain and control etc it's most likely not worth it.

Finally, more finances to be implemented to stop cheaters etc.. Especially with PC gamers. You can read how they have issues with people 'hacking', messing with connection etc and that would no doubt still be there for the cross play too.

Personally, I think it would be a great feature for the PS/XBOX feature to allow for more friends to play games. However, I'd prefer that the games are all sorted and fixed through-out all aspects before they even think about implementing something like this.
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 03-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #8
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Completly agree with a lot of your points. I'm not sure its realistic for 2k17 launch.. But maybe its something that can be patched

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »