Home

Are Burning TO's beneficial in ProAM?

This is a discussion on Are Burning TO's beneficial in ProAM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Are Burning TO's beneficial in ProAM?

I'm noticing a trend in ProAM games, both Walk-On & Team Up, where the opposing team will burn through their remaining time outs for the half and go on a run. Is anyone else seeing this occur or are these only happening to me? This has happened in roughly 40% of the games I've played.

Besides causing our team to cool down, is there anything else to this or is it a placebo? We've then see the opposing team go on runs to either take the lead and win or push games extremely close. I've even had a team do it in the 2nd half and force over time. And call their time out immediately in OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Re: Are Burning TO's beneficial in ProAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I'm noticing a trend in ProAM games, both Walk-On & Team Up, where the opposing team will burn through their remaining time outs for the half and go on a run. Is anyone else seeing this occur or are these only happening to me? This has happened in roughly 40% of the games I've played.

Besides causing our team to cool down, is there anything else to this or is it a placebo? We've then see the opposing team go on runs to either take the lead and win or push games extremely close. I've even had a team do it in the 2nd half and force over time. And call their time out immediately in OT.
When people spam timeout it's because they're butthurt because they're down big or one of the players is not getting the ball enough in his opinion. That's the only reason people spam timeouts
Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Not in this case. We thought the same thing. We often see it used when other teams are trying to get us to quit. This is deliberate. It's happened only once in Walk-On. All my other times it's been in Team Up. Like I said, the other team immediately goes on a run. Very bizarre.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Time Outs do affect your fatigue, but I'm not sure of the numbers.

It's possible they do it to get everyone back to 100 fatigue and turbo the rest of the way.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

I have seen both sides where my team was hot, they burn the TO to get us cold (especially the volume shooters) and then they go on a hot streak. It is worse when they brick a ton of shots, burn the TOs and next thing ya know is they can't miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #6
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Along with 2 friends in ProAm Walk-On we tried burning through our TO's to test the results. So the team we were playing with blew through all of their time outs with 2:37 left in the 1st 1/4. With 3 minutes left in the 2nd we decided we were going to test a few hypothesis and blow through our time outs.

It was after a questionable blocking call so the other team was going to the line. We used all our time outs and bricked the game. It sent the opposing team to the free throw line, but the ref just held onto the ball. The user shooting free throws stood just off the line facing the sidelines. I've had this happen where the refs get into a game of hot potato and won't quit. But usually I'll call a time out and it corrects itself. But since neither team had any time outs we all just sat there until we dashboarded.

I think that's going to be the end of that experiment for me.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm not sure if blowing through all of the timeouts has any more of an effect than just using one. If a team is making a run on us or has scored a few in a row, we'll simply use a timeout. It does cool the other team down quite a bit and may reset any cold streaks going on. I've found that once you use a timeout it's really important to get a layup/dunk or some sure points right afterwards or you risk going right back into the rhythm the other team had before you called it.

I think the people using all their TO's are either just salty their getting wiped or maybe just pissed off at their own teammates for not moving the ball. I've never seen it adversely effect what my team was doing and we've honestly never tried it in our favor. Seems dumb, you might need those TO's later.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #8
Banned

Effective in making me hate the person doing it.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »