Home

Which Part of 2K16 is now Occupying Your Time?

This is a discussion on Which Part of 2K16 is now Occupying Your Time? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Which Part of 2K16 is now Occupying Your Time?

It's that time of the year for me: it's 70 degrees out on the regular; I'm outside playing ball for real or just not feeling like being inside if I don't have to be. My free-time to game is now being occupied by Black Ops 3 and The Division...

Here's my problem: last year I had fun playing Park and playing in the Rec..honestly, as much as I (and we) complained, I almost welcome back "Patch 4". It made the Rec Center and even Park (to an extent) enjoyable. Just get on there and have a complete shootout; I'll drop 70 just cuz and have fun doing it.
Now I don't miss the zig zag hesitation 3 corner 3 spam, but let's be real people still do comparable stuff it's just a little harder.

Anyways, question I have: How are you guys still enjoying your time with 2K? What modes? What things are you doing with the game?

-I made a new my player, just got bored (too monotonous).
-Made a GM, playing the cpu isn't really fun to me.
-Online League with some friends, fantasy drafts, etc...the mode just isn't really polished imo.
-Park is too easy, or too hard. With friends we never lose, with randoms I never win lol
-Opposite with Pro-Am; Walk-On is too easy and the actually mode with friends is littered with guys who don't wanna replicate any sort of real basketball knowledge, and it's just lost it's appeal to me.

Little things like: executing a beautiful play only to miss the shot, next possession dude hits a contested 3 off an iso and no ball movement at all.
Or a backdoor cut, passer throws an errant pass or just straight out of bounds then my opponent throws a full court pinpoint pass for a layup while my guys don't get back...
Things like that are just now magnified and any flaw I see is making me loath any experience with this game.

I used to enjoy 2K; I can actually enjoy taking L's if I'm in a fun game and the game is competitive and feels like basketball. I can't have fun losing when NO ONE IN THE WORLD is playing basketball in a basketball game lmao

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Which Part of 2K16 is now Occupying Your Time?

Spoiler: My view is from a sim-esque viewpoint
Personally, I've began to re-invest my time into MyCareer.

After having my 99 Balanced SF who plays exactly like LeBron (i.e. missing those open 3s you mentioned ) since the release, I decided I needed something new and refreshing. I decided to make a PF who is the Anthony Davis build. My only purpose of creating these guys is to eventually bring them online and into the Pro-AM world.

I find it much more enjoyable crafting your MyCareer build off current players and having a game similar to the player. This proved to be effective for me because rather than having an inside or outside SF, the balanced option (which people seem to stray away from for some reason?) is equally effective, if not more. Good luck, and if you need any suggestions on player builds I'll recommend:

PG: Try Isiah Thomas (I'm challenging you here) or Derrick Rose or CP3
SG: James Harden or Buddy Hield?
SF: Kawhi Leonard or Paul George or another challenge here: Larry Bird
PF: Blake Griffin (I've yet to see this build) or Kevin Love
C: KAT (more all-around) or Andre Drummond or DeAndre Jordan (more defense + rebounding)
Old 03-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

MyTeam.

I'm absolutely hooked.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Me and my crew mates still enjoy playing Pro-AM. Since were in the top 50, we've been getting a bunch of requests from other guys at the top of the leaderboard to play some setup matches. We enjoy the challenge.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
Spoiler: My view is from a sim-esque viewpoint
Personally, I've began to re-invest my time into MyCareer.

After having my 99 Balanced SF who plays exactly like LeBron (i.e. missing those open 3s you mentioned ) since the release, I decided I needed something new and refreshing. I decided to make a PF who is the Anthony Davis build. My only purpose of creating these guys is to eventually bring them online and into the Pro-AM world.

I find it much more enjoyable crafting your MyCareer build off current players and having a game similar to the player. This proved to be effective for me because rather than having an inside or outside SF, the balanced option (which people seem to stray away from for some reason?) is equally effective, if not more. Good luck, and if you need any suggestions on player builds I'll recommend:

PG: Try Isiah Thomas (I'm challenging you here) or Derrick Rose or CP3
SG: James Harden or Buddy Hield?
SF: Kawhi Leonard or Paul George or another challenge here: Larry Bird
PF: Blake Griffin (I've yet to see this build) or Kevin Love
C: KAT (more all-around) or Andre Drummond or DeAndre Jordan (more defense + rebounding)
I have:

6'5 outside PG, 89 overall
6'8 inside SG, 88
6'10 outside SF, 90
and a 7'3 inside C, 95

For a while I was considering like a 5'11/6' inside guard..basically like AI or Isaiah Thomas to an extent...could be fun (could be frustrating as hell lol).

Maybe I'll literally recreate AI as my player and get on the Sixers...

You know what, you've inspired me lol good job.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

MyTeam/MyCareer
Old 03-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #7
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

"Park"

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
Me and my crew mates still enjoy playing Pro-AM. Since were in the top 50, we've been getting a bunch of requests from other guys at the top of the leaderboard to play some setup matches. We enjoy the challenge.
Its funny as hell to get those requests

But lately I've stopped playing pro am. Park has gotten all my time lately
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »