Home

so frustrated with this game

This is a discussion on so frustrated with this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 01:29 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: so frustrated with this game

I don't know about you guys, but I can't even play this damn game anymore because it's so easy now. How easy? I'm the Knicks playing on Superstar difficulty. When the game first came out, I had to adjust my sliders on Superstar because I couldn't compete. Over time I got better, but the game was still very difficult on Superstar so the sliders made it more realistic. Then these patches and roster updates came and the game got unrealistically easy. I'm not using a slider set where ALL of the User and CPU sliders are the exact same on Superstar difficulty and I'm about to win the title with . . . the KNICKS! That's right. I beat the Bulls in 5 games. I'm currently beating the Cavs in the ECF (who mind you I lost all 4 games to in the regular season before these last idiotic patches hit). The game is so easy now I don't even feel like playing anymore.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #34
Banned

Played 2k since 2 weeks not more bec its boring as hell .. No content

I mean this 2k is broke guys.. Mabye just for me bec i play on a real big tv so i see the "stutters-stuttering" almost after every single basket. It's annoying man

All other nba 2k was always smooth in online quick matches 1vs1 but 2k16 is broke!

Let's talk about the gameplay.. I can make a full court pass to my center at the other end to make a easy score.. The defensive can't get my guy bec they are to slow to get back. The other guy do the same and again and again ... What is that ???? Why we can do that

Park: Almost the same like last + no rec .. Thanks!

MyLeague: Almost the same like last year

For me 2k16 is just 2k15.5 . I play nba since 2k9 so i know what i talk. We get less and less content from year to year or new things which are broke

The best nba 2k was nba 2k9.. LOBBYS!!! Man i loved that
Old 03-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #35
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

I think why everyone is frustrated is because, lets be honest, the game is dope. It's just these little things get in the way of it being legendary. Everyone sees the potential. You can be in the middle of a great game...playing sim with your friends or whatever and some dumb ish happen and take you right out of the immersion (I.E. the fastbreak defense that was supposedly fixed). It feels like we're just a few gameplay tweaks away (they seem like easy fixes but may not be) but they won't adjust them which is the most frustrating part.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
I think why everyone is frustrated is because, lets be honest, the game is dope. It's just these little things get in the way of it being legendary. Everyone sees the potential. You can be in the middle of a great game...playing sim with your friends or whatever and some dumb ish happen and take you right out of the immersion (I.E. the fastbreak defense that was supposedly fixed). It feels like we're just a few gameplay tweaks away (they seem like easy fixes but may not be) but they won't adjust them which is the most frustrating part.
Nahhh game isn't definitely few tweaks from being perfect. Every other 2K title (except 15 & 16) i played deeply beyond real NBA playoff schedule, with 2K16 i stopped 2months ago, with that being said that's how much game is dope lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 03-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #37
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't believe the comments about weight. Big Guys used to slide around on D like Gary Payton. Now slow guys feel slow and quick guys feel quick. Massive improvement in 2k16
Old 03-30-2016, 04:23 PM   #38
MVP

To me the WHOLE AI of defensive system needs to be re-worked.

My teammates feel stupid. AI should adjust. My opponent could play pick and Fades and the CPU will NEVER adjust.

I can play deny and someone torch me with manual cuts but the CPU will never adjust. I know I can switch the settings but it is not normal nor easy to pause the game after every 2nd defense.

Also how can someone claim that p'n'r defense is good?

All in all, the CPU can really defend ON-BALL, which requires no thinking.

It is so frustrating for me to play on-ball and then get torched by stupid AI decisions.

This is way most of the times I play off-ball. I let the CPU guard the ball. and I try to read the game, and provide help defense or switch defense anywhere in the game needed.

You may call it cheese or whatever you want, but to me, reading your opponents plays, providing help-defense when are where needed requires more basketball knowledge than sticking to the ball handler.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #39
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
Nahhh game isn't definitely few tweaks from being perfect. Every other 2K title (except 15 & 16) i played deeply beyond real NBA playoff schedule, with 2K16 i stopped 2months ago, with that being said that's how much game is dope lol
I disagree. There's plenty of good to build on. I actually do have fun with the game. Just a question....what do you think is unfixable? Especially without just a few tweaks? I'm just curious.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 03-30-2016, 06:14 PM   #40
Pro

Offline you really need to mess with the sliders for the CPU.

Online is a wreck, they cater to turbo cheese like crazy. You can just take LeBron James and run him into the paint and make an easy layup. Just because LeBron is 94 overall doesn't mean you should use him carelessly.

Users with poor shot selection are much more rewarded. Fadeaway 3s, all nonsense. I am thankful we have sliders for offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »