Home

so frustrated with this game

This is a discussion on so frustrated with this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #57
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: so frustrated with this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I mean teams go on runs, like they do in real life....basketball being a "game of runs" isn't a 2k original quote...nothing groundbreaking there...

I think badges have their place in the game to differentiate players but I definitely agree the process needs tweaking....a friend was telling me how I needed a badge to stop a certain situation in Pro Am last night....and I was thinking "man, that just sounds dumb" lol
Yeah, it's a game of runs and it has been every year. But it's HOW they go on runs this year that is pure BS. On the previous years you had a chance of getting your run stopped if you made a stupid choice, now you get bailed out every time you make a bad choice and the run goes on.

Why does Brooks shoot it towards Howards hand on the wide open layup?

Why is this tipped, and HOW don't the bulls get the ball when they clearly had the advantage

Why does Aaron brooks ONLY go cold the moment he reaches the basket about to score? And afterwards he passes it to a 3 point shooter who is open, but snell runs in to catch it inside? At the end Brooks is no longer cold and hits a 3?

Last edited by Sleepy59; 04-01-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #58
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

You've posted those multiple times now, you throwing a question under it doesn't really change anything....it's showing a flaw in awareness we all know about...

I could repost the video I posted where the CPU had a prime opportunity to make a run and missed wide open shots, but it wouldn't prove anything if you have your mind is made up.....It's cool...we can agree to disagree..

Runs have been an issue for me in some prior games....not this year

Ironically enough, 2K14 was the last time I felt it was really overdone....I could hardly stand SS/Sim
Old 04-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #59
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
You've posted those multiple times now, you throwing a question under it doesn't really change anything....it's showing a flaw in awareness we all know about...

I could repost the video I posted where the CPU had a prime opportunity to make a run and missed wide open shots, but it wouldn't prove anything if you have your mind is made up.....It's cool...we can agree to disagree..

Runs have been an issue for me in some prior games....not this year

Ironically enough, 2K14 was the last time I felt it was really overdone....I could hardly stand SS/Sim
How did I post these clips multiple times when I uploaded them today and yesterday lol?

This is my very first time posting them, in-fact here's the proof

The awareness is heavily influenced by runs, and apparently your players receive basketball IQ of a middle school player when the opposing team is on a run.

Last edited by Sleepy59; 04-01-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #60
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

I assumed it was that same clip you've been posting tbh... but I got no problem agreeing to disagree...your stating a lot of things as fact that I disagree with..... no problem at all with that though.
...it's a debate that's been going on forever
Old 04-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #61
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
I assumed it was that same clip you've been posting tbh... but I got no problem agreeing to disagree...your stating a lot of things as fact that I disagree with..... no problem at all with that though.
...it's a debate that's been going on forever
But you're agreeing that's here's a flaw in awareness. If the flaw is intensified when the other team is on a run and clips have proved it, I don't understand how you disagree. Don't really see the flaw on my side when I'm on a run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #62
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
But you're agreeing that's here's a flaw in awareness. If the flaw is intensified when the other team is on a run and clips have proved it, I don't understand how you disagree. Don't really see the flaw on my side when I'm on a run.
You're not breaking any new ground here. People on this board have been complaining about CPU awareness issues and runs for years.

Some see it like you and me, some don't. It's all a matter of how you react to them. Some choose to believe that since runs happen in real life, it's ok for them to happen in the video game. I tend to agree with them. That's how we look at this run issue. I know runs are a part of this game and my team is going to try to blow a lead because the CPU does stupid stuff. It happens. I'm not saying it's ok, but that's how the game works right now so either get used to it or stop playing it. I'm quite sure the devs are aware about all the complaints.

But you might as well just relax and calm down. You're not going to convince those that don't want to be convinced.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #63
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

I'm not sure how you think your quick clips are concrete evidence of any thing...they are just clips...no different than if I were post a few well run plays and declare"there's absolutely nothing wrong with the movement in the play calling system, if so how did this happen!?" when we know there is.....It doesn't work like that.

but yes, we definitely agree there are awareness issues..on both sides of the ball...just not that every run that occurs can't be overcome because the CPU is crippling you
Old 04-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #64
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
You're not breaking any new ground here. People on this board have been complaining about CPU awareness issues and runs for years.

Some see it like you and me, some don't. It's all a matter of how you react to them. Some choose to believe that since runs happen in real life, it's ok for them to happen in the video game. I tend to agree with them. That's how we look at this run issue. I know runs are a part of this game and my team is going to try to blow a lead because the CPU does stupid stuff. It happens. I'm not saying it's ok, but that's how the game works right now so either get used to it or stop playing it. I'm quite sure the devs are aware about all the complaints.

But you might as well just relax and calm down. You're not going to convince those that don't want to be convinced.
The thing that bugs me is the fact that they add new features that seem cool, but mainly work to aid on runs. Points of emphasis if set to auto will select the worst possible combinations if the others are on a run, on my career you will question the coach cause of it. The random (simlike) cold / hot system and most of the new uncontrollable and delayed animations have been intensified this year. Makes me wonder how far they'll take it? Will they add an animation that will elbow a defender while taking a layup? Will they automatically push defenders hands away during a layup for the offensive foul? Will the computer just take over your game completely until the opposing team catches up?

Last edited by Sleepy59; 04-01-2016 at 07:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »