Home

Can we please have LT back as defensive stance only

This is a discussion on Can we please have LT back as defensive stance only within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #9
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we please have LT back as defensive stance only

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
They had to make it assist. People don't know how to play defense. Some user actually need help. Especially early on in the cycle.
There's an idea, LEARN to play, it's not rocket science. See thats's the main problem with this game, too much hand holding and assisting bad players, main reason why it's never going to be an e-sports game as long as 2k continue going in this direction.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxior
There's an idea, LEARN to play, it's not rocket science. See thats's the main problem with this game, too much hand holding and assisting bad players, main reason why it's never going to be an e-sports game as long as 2k continue going in this direction.
And you know as the Hardcore around here I understand that. But I always bring the same story up. My little sister isn't basketball nuts like me. There is no other game that bring it like 2k. And if they want to bring in the next generation of hardcore users like most of us here. They need to open those doors to general public.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I encourage yall to go into your controller settings and set who to gaurd to off - it won't clear the issue completely but it makes an improved difference

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I will have to give this a try. Can be very frustrating controlling my guy. I would not mind a defensive stance button but it can't work like it did in older 2k's acting like a moving brick wall. I think if the game simply put you in a defensive stance when you are within a "green" range that would help. If the game offered a tutorial in regards to playing 1v1 d and utilizing their current system I would appreciate it.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #12
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
How exactly? Isn't that just a visual aid?
Who to Gaurd has assists on.. I can only confirm from experience because 2k never explained it in that detail but from experience the who to guard setting will toss you from man to man and on picks it will suck you in greatly..

I obviously don't have a 2k response for you because 2k never give one that I know of but you have nothing to lose trying for yourself.. turn it back on if you f33l and see no difference

I personally find it cumbersome... I already know who to guard and can make those switch adjustments with my own intelligence

Old 06-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #13
Trequartista

10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Who to Gaurd has assists on.. I can only confirm from experience because 2k never explained it in that detail but from experience the who to guard setting will toss you from man to man and on picks it will suck you in greatly..

I obviously don't have a 2k response for you because 2k never give one that I know of but you have nothing to lose trying for yourself.. turn it back on if you f33l and see no difference

I personally find it cumbersome... I already know who to guard and can make those switch adjustments with my own intelligence

I'm pretty sure you're correct. I have assist set to 0 and manual contest on and I still feel my guy getting pulled if I switch after a pick. Only happens when the who to guard arrow is still on the other guy. If the person you're guarding goes the opposite direction than the guy you switched off of it's a guaranteed blow by.

As far as needing to appeal to casual gamers/basketball fans I agree that assists need to be in the game for that reason. They also need to be completely turned off in park, pro am, and the online mode where you run through tiers (can't think of what it's called).

The game can't put you in position or take you out of it on defense for no reason, especially if they are going to put 250k on the line. Some level of basketball iq should factor in as well as being good at the game.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10
I'm pretty sure you're correct. I have assist set to 0 and manual contest on and I still feel my guy getting pulled if I switch after a pick. Only happens when the who to guard arrow is still on the other guy. If the person you're guarding goes the opposite direction than the guy you switched off of it's a guaranteed blow by.

As far as needing to appeal to casual gamers/basketball fans I agree that assists need to be in the game for that reason. They also need to be completely turned off in park, pro am, and the online mode where you run through tiers (can't think of what it's called).

The game can't put you in position or take you out of it on defense for no reason, especially if they are going to put 250k on the line. Some level of basketball iq should factor in as well as being good at the game.
Totally agree!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2016, 10:39 PM   #15
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I personally feel that who to guard is just a visual aid like the circle under your guy to let you know who you are controlling.

If there's any affect on your guy by the guy you are supposed to be guarding it's not caused by the who to guard indicator. It's just caused by the fact he's connected in the internal programming.

As far as defensive stance, I think it's stupid I have to put my guy in defensive stance while he's on defense. Pressing a button to put him in a stance he should be in anyway just causes unneeded wear and tear on my controller and hands. I was thrilled when they no longer required you to shoot with a modifier because during long hours of play, all that stress adds up.

I also think it's stupid to have to tell my player to post up when he is in the post. It's a natural for a player in post position to post up. I shouldn't have to hold a button down to keep him doing what he should be doing anyway.

At each difficulty level in the game, they should just make things progressively more manual as you learn the game. Then the new player to the game can get the help he needs while the more advanced player doesn't get that help since they've leveled up in difficulty.

Many of the people I've played have already turned everything off anyway because they are more manual players and don't need it.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Joshdonnie's Arena

They changed this? I didnt notice i thought it was still defensive stance?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »