Home

2k should be able to treat jersey updates like shoes?

This is a discussion on 2k should be able to treat jersey updates like shoes? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #1
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Question 2k should be able to treat jersey updates like shoes?

I know I've been here before in threads, but I've recently heard that this years allstar jerseys were plugged into the game and were available across all saves. (I've not checked this myself so forgive me if i'm wrong)

If this is the case, what's stopping 2k from doing this with the rest of the released jerseys? (Both current and retro)

As I've bored people with before - I was stoked to see the Bulls retro pinstripe jerseys and the Magic Pinstripe jerseys make it into the game for the classic teams, yet totally bummed out to know you could ONLY use them if you played with the latest roster update which is obviously outside of my own painstakingly created roster save.

If 2k can plug in BRAND NEW SHOES into the game to be used across ALL game saves, why can they not do this for jerseys too? It literally makes no sense what so ever and almost handcuffs users to have to constantly wait 3/4 months every year for all the new content to come out, before they can actually start playing around with rosters and delving into game modes.

It's probably too little too late now, but it would be amazing if 2k could find a way to implement jersey inclusion to be the same as shoes, or hell, even find a way to patch in ALL of the game's jerseys so we can access them via any roster save.

Wishful thinking? Maybe, but again, if they managed it with this years allstar jerseys, then why not the rest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k should be able to treat jersey updates like shoes?

I would prefer either that, or for them to find some way for us to get the new content in MyLeague, MYGM. I know that the codes are out the window because PC guys can unlock it as the content is already in the game, the code just unlocks it. But I'd just like an "update content" option in whatever mode that that transfers the latest jerseys, playbook, offense/defense changes from the most recent roster update to the respective teams. Maybe even have an option to update players changes (tendencies, attributes and gear).
Old 03-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I would prefer either that, or for them to find some way for us to get the new content in MyLeague, MYGM. I know that the codes are out the window because PC guys can unlock it as the content is already in the game, the code just unlocks it. But I'd just like an "update content" option in whatever mode that that transfers the latest jerseys, playbook, offense/defense changes from the most recent roster update to the respective teams. Maybe even have an option to update players changes (tendencies, attributes and gear).
Agreed.

Should be a universal change, or at least give us some options, not just plant it all into a brand new, bare bones roster - 2k are unintentionally isolating the tons of players who customize their rosters from enjoying new/updated content.

I don't understand the logic behind being able to add things like shoes across the board, for any roster save, but not jerseys/player updates etc

Granted, as you mentioned, the codes are out the window because of PC hacks, but that shouldn't stop 2k from implementing the other stuff in the same manner as the shoe updates, no?

I dunno, I'm just salty I can't use The Bulls/Magic retro jerseys in my own roster.

Last edited by daveberg; 03-18-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I'm right there with you. I'm not a big roster guy but I love MyLeague. And it sucks having to wait until the all star break to have the latest and greatest. That's halfway through the life cycle of the game. I could be a few years in by that point but I have to constantly restart because I want the Christmas jerseys, or the all star jerseys and court or this new player that came out of nowhere (Langston Galloway last year) or this or that. There has to be a better way forward. If they can add shoes, then there has to be a way to add other stuff.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I'm right there with you. I'm not a big roster guy but I love MyLeague. And it sucks having to wait until the all star break to have the latest and greatest. That's halfway through the life cycle of the game. I could be a few years in by that point but I have to constantly restart because I want the Christmas jerseys, or the all star jerseys and court or this new player that came out of nowhere (Langston Galloway last year) or this or that. There has to be a better way forward. If they can add shoes, then there has to be a way to add other stuff.
It's crazy right? You hit the nail on the head - we're expected to wait until half way through the game's life cycle until all of the content has dropped for us to be able to play a myleague that's totally updated.

These things should be background downloads that reach across the board instead of forcing everyone to keep starting fresh.

It's a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Preaching to the choir, 2K already knows this, the best you can hope for is that they bring it back but I do understand.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMansaMusa
Preaching to the choir, 2K already knows this, the best you can hope for is that they bring it back but I do understand.
Yeah I know man, I know.

I've been like a broken record with this, but it's a real sore point. Shouldn't have to be this way, but hey. All we can do is get the gripes out there and hopefully someone from 2k will eventually notice and find a fix.....

Or not.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #8
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Yeah I know man, I know.

I've been like a broken record with this, but it's a real sore point. Shouldn't have to be this way, but hey. All we can do is get the gripes out there and hopefully someone from 2k will eventually notice and find a fix.....

Or not.
This and year to year saves would make 2k franchise mode amazing. If it wernt for jerseys I would probably be in at least year 8 by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »