Home

Full court passing and turbo spamming killed this year's game.

This is a discussion on Full court passing and turbo spamming killed this year's game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Full court passing and turbo spamming killed this year's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
And you know what makes problems like this one even worse??

It actually benefits offball users and hurts guys who like the challenge of onball d.

We all know most cheesers aren't actually good, so they offball on whoever's not a threat (inbounder) and stuff like that never happens for me.
Yet since I'm locking up the guard, a pf or c will come flying out of nowhere for a wide open shot or dunk while his matchup decides to float around looking for a double team.

I noticed too, sometimes you can even sag off a bad shooter (daring them to take a jumper) and a cpu defender on your team will see it as them not being covered and come over to take your spot.
I wrote it elsewhere too.

To me the WHOLE AI of defensive system needs to be re-worked.

My teammates feel stupid. AI should adjust. My opponent could play pick and Fades and the CPU will NEVER adjust.

I can play deny and someone torch me with manual cuts but the CPU will never adjust. I know I can switch the settings but it is not normal nor easy to pause the game after every 2nd defense.

Also how can someone claim that p'n'r defense is good?

All in all, the CPU can really defend ON-BALL, which requires no thinking.

It is so frustrating for me to play on-ball and then get torched by stupid AI decisions.

This is way most of the times I play off-ball. I let the CPU guard the ball. and I try to read the game, and provide help defense or switch defense anywhere in the game needed.

You may call it cheese or whatever you want, but to me, reading your opponents plays, providing help-defense when are where needed requires more basketball knowledge than sticking to the ball handler.

The video really proves what I am talking about. Why would I try to guard the PG and leave the PF alone scoring an easy dunk or a 3? And it is not like it happens once or twice per game. It happens all game long.
I switch on ball when I am sure a player will take the offense like in post ups or some isos

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-30-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #74
Banned

It's almost like Czar has the off AI reacting too good for the D to ever catch up.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #75
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
It's almost like Czar has the off AI reacting too good for the D to ever catch up.

Or, the offensive AI seems so good because the defensive AI is so bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #76
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Or, the offensive AI seems so good because the defensive AI is so bad
It's this. The CPU isn't doing anything special on offense lol.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:53 AM   #77
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold

Czar doesn't do the AI. He is more on the play side. Making sure the plays are update with NBA teams. I don't know if you remember but in his very first video I forgot which one. But he talks about a part of the a back cut that caused the CPU to get confused and not cover the player leaving him wide open. The Devs had to go back and improve the AI to understand the cut and how to defend it.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:26 PM   #78
Banned

Am I the only one who thinks the offline CPU AI is atrociously bad and easy to beat? I'm playing on Superstar level and they're just absolutely miserable. I know many people play online now, but I don't, I play offline franchise and I'm tired of taking teams like the Knicks to the NBA Finals because the CPU AI is just so poor. They miss wide open shots at a higher rate than the user (with the latest patch). They constantly leave guys wide open on the perimeter for easy jumpers. They constantly double team, leading to someone being wide open all the time. It just leads to way too many open looks. There is NO reason for Carmelo Anthony to be double teamed on the perimeter. There is no reason for him to be doubled in the post when he's being guarded by Anthony Davis. It's idiotic plays like this that leave my teammates wide open for easy looks.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Czar doesn't do the AI. He is more on the play side. Making sure the plays are update with NBA teams. I don't know if you remember but in his very first video I forgot which one. But he talks about a part of the a back cut that caused the CPU to get confused and not cover the player leaving him wide open. The Devs had to go back and improve the AI to understand the cut and how to defend it.
Would his offensive movements and sets also lead to smart break out for the fastbreak where the D can't figure it out? Kid of like how you were saying with the backcuts.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #80
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Yeah, help defence is so poor to be basically non existent to the point that I pretty much only ever play off ball defense switching between my PF and C to cover all the massive holes in the paint against cheesers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »