Home

Bring Back The "Take Charge"

This is a discussion on Bring Back The "Take Charge" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Bring Back The "Take Charge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
2k, please stop limiting tactics that were used to stop BASELINE and TURBO cheesers. I only take charges when a player baselines all game, or goes left to right non-stop! But seriously, WHAT IS THIS? Rewarding baseline??

http://i.imgur.com/nE9YtDJ.gif
WTF!!! Was that!!!!!

Sorry... But there are a few players in this game that can just slide by a defender like he isn't there. I just want charges to exist in the lane. I get blocking fouls sometimes. But I just don't users to press the charge button 90 feet away from the basket. No one gets charges out there. It's rare is what I mean. Most charges happen around the basket.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #18
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I see that all the time at the pro am smh . And it happens at the park . You'll have perfect defensive position and the game will just slide you out the way for an easy basket . Sick
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
WTF!!! Was that!!!!!

Sorry... But there are a few players in this game that can just slide by a defender like he isn't there. I just want charges to exist in the lane. I get blocking fouls sometimes. But I just don't users to press the charge button 90 feet away from the basket. No one gets charges out there. It's rare is what I mean. Most charges happen around the basket.
They occur after the halfcourtline in the nba often. But before the halfcourtline, that would probably be cheesy. I would just like charges to be similar to those of previous versions except for charge CHEESING before the half court. 2k15 nearly had it right, but they could have increased interior charging.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #20
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

What I find even more annoying is when I clearly get there on time like in these clips and I still get called for a blocking foul.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:33 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
WTF!!! Was that!!!!!

Taking charges 90 feet away from the basket doesn't happen in real life because players don't go turboing up & down the court...if someone is speeding up the court all game I wanna be able to take a charge at half court to stop that B/S...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 08:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
Taking charges 90 feet away from the basket doesn't happen in real life because players don't go turboing up & down the court...if someone is speeding up the court all game I wanna be able to take a charge at half court to stop that B/S...
The clip shows the charge attempt atleast 25 feet from the basket. Like I said earlier, Before the halfcourtline charges should be rare or impossible. I don't want players standing next to the player who is catching the inbound, and sucking the dribbler into a charge. But if they want to turbo all game towards the basket, and RUN towards my charge attempt with total disregard of the D, well that's their own fault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »