Home

I can't for the life of me figure out why the game has gotten so easy?

This is a discussion on I can't for the life of me figure out why the game has gotten so easy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I can't for the life of me figure out why the game has gotten so easy?

I play on Superstar difficulty (my sliders are posted in the Sliders forum for those who want to see what I play on). I use the Knicks. I just finished the regular season of my season and went 51-31, good enough for the 3 seed in the East (yes, with the Knicks). That isn't the problem (well, not really). The problem is that since the last patch, Melo is literally unstoppable. How unstoppable? Well I'm 7-1 in my last 8 games and Melo is averaging 25.8 ppg, 20 rebounds and 15.1 assists. I run plays. I don't just cheese and drive to the hoop every single possession. I take a ton of mid-range jumpers. Maybe Melo is overpowered. I don't know what it is, but the game has gotten very easy, to the point that I fear I may actually win the title with the Knicks (yes, this is a fear because the Knicks are 23-48 in real life). It seems like the CPU double teams Melo all the time, leaving someone else wide open for an open jumper or a dunk. When they're not double teaming, someone always seems to get open for a jumper. I lead the league in fast-break points because Melo is literally unstoppable on the break, either always finding the open man or just finishing himself. A friend of mine plays with the OKC thunder on the exact same settings and is struggling and he's frustrated at how I'm handling the CPU so easily. Is anyone else at all seeing this?

Again, I do not cheese. I don't turbo all the time. I don't drive every possession. I take realistic amounts of threes and mid-range jumpers. I run plays. I just feel like the CPU AI offense is so dumb, they always seem to do just enough to lose. I don't shoot 60% from the floor, I'm usually around 45-47%. Unfortunately it always seems to be enough.

I'm not bragging. I'm not hear to say I'm the best. I'm posting because I'm legitimately frustrated and I'm so far into the season, I don't really want to tweak anything else. It just seems to me that the last patch made the game SO MUCH EASIER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I can't for the life of me figure out why the game has gotten so easy?

I feel you're pain. I'm in a very similar situation myself. Was around .500 for the first 60 games of my season, now since the patch I've been like 9-1. The patch isn't as bad as last years game where I went from shooting like 43-45% from the field to like 62%. But it's still enough, I think they said a 5% increase, which makes for a huge increase in points for those who play 12 minute quarters and put up close to 100 shots a game.

I don't think it's just the patch though. I think this is a game of repitition and the more we play the better we get. The more we run the same plays, the easier it becomes because the CPU AI is atrocious. Just like you one of my players is constantly double teamed throughout the game, leaving players open all over the court. On any pick and roll, both defenders follow me leaving a guy wide open. I also have a player (created team, not a cheap player at all, rated 82, and no one else on my team is above a 78) who's stats have taken off recently, easily averaging a triple double per game.

My big problem with the game is that this is 2nd year in a row that they have released a patch late in the cycle which makes the game easier. We are all getting better at the game, they should release a patch to make the game harder. Or at least be like NHL and release tuner sets, and if you play online you have to use to new tuner, but for those of us who play offline, we should be able to choose what set we want to play under. I didn't finish my season last year. I quit halfway through game 1 of the playoffs (I play of HOF diff with sim sliders), because it was too easy. I really hope that doesn't happen again but it might.

I guess the problem is too many kids complain on Twitter about all their shots not going in and the devs listen to them. Or maybe they don't care about the offline player. We already bought the game. They got our 60 bucks. If the kids who spend money on VC and cards want to shoot 75% from 3, then we get screwed in the process. Which if true, is unfortunate, and also can be easily fixed by just having offline tuner sets. I just hate the fact that for the 2nd straight year, I have invested myself deep into a regular season with a game I was enjoying, all for the game to be changed on me at the finish line. Which sucks. I really refuse to be a sucker 3 years in a row. I still love bball so ill buy the best game, but it the best game is still 2k next year, I'm buying it used. They don't deserve my money again. Sucks to say. But it's true. And yes, I realize how much money they make so they won't care, but at least I won't feel like I got beat again when they do this again next year.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

I'm on HOF and I've noticed I'm winning more games recently. Not complaining though!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

How does Melo get his points? I got a rookie SF rated at 82 but a similar build to Melo and he plays too good for my taste. Averages 27 a game with a typical stat line of 12-16 from the field. I may have to impose house rules on using him as the screener in the pick and fade game.

But I'd be worried more about Melo averaging 20 rebounds lol. That is a problem.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
Rookie

shaun007miller's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm glad it's not just me. I've spent all day messing with my sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

But I'd be worried more about Melo averaging 20 rebounds lol. That is a problem.
It's literally every game. Since the patch, he's averaging about 26, 15 and 15. He's unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun007miller
I'm glad it's not just me. I've spent all day messing with my sliders.
It's not just you. Whatever Beluba did, he made the game stupidly easy now.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:11 PM   #7
Pro

JoFri's Arena

prior to the patch i was on the verge to break the 72 wins in myleague vs cpu, superstar with simulation sliders. like the poster, i use the knicks! i ran the triangle playbook, and imo the knicks roster is very capable of winning, only in video game unfortunately. video game doesnt have rookie wall, and they are monster on the glass, registering high % of blocks. i got kp6 and melo on the all star gm, just imagine that!
i noticed then after the patch, i was getting more close games and started to lose a couple of those, by point differential of less than 5. i think i may not get the 72 wins afterall. particularly, i felt the cpu defense was reading my tendency better. i felt so bcos i ran the PUNCH 43 play and i knew of a cheesy play where i definitely could score every single time. now if i repeatedly do so, the ai defender would attempt to steal the pass. maybe its not cheese anymore Lol.

my advice is, play through the games. it gets tougher when u play at the finals. i could tell bcos i was the loser of the second team i used in myleague. my raptors lost to the thunder in the finals and KD played like he's in HOF, couldnt miss a shot. i was shocked obviously bcos i won a lot of games during the season and post season. derozan was unstoppable! on top of that, i won the first myleague with the thunder and i beat the cavs without going to 7 games. i was pretty confident and cocky about it but ...

noted that u used custom sliders. u may not experience the same as i do.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

interesting. i actually played my myleague for the first time in 3-4 days(i had still been playing in the park during that stretch) and i got my booty whooped by the trailblazers. and it felt pretty cheesy too. ill have to play again today to see if it was a fluke or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »