Home

2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played

This is a discussion on 2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #41
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played

The only time I've seen that is when the guy I'm trying to box out has a much higher rebounding than me and/or height . That is why a lot of ppl recommend 7'3 centers with max wingspan/athlete/ rebounding with hustle points and rebounding crasher all gold .

Other than that it could've been lag maybe your button press didn't register quick enough . Idk lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #42
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I traded this game in after just a few games. Just didnt feel like I was part of the action.

Sent using a telephone
Old 03-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I traded this game in after just a few games. Just didnt feel like I was part of the action.

Sent using a telephone
I've felt that way at times early on. I'm having a hard time reigning things in. I'm able to win and make good things happen, but it often feels like a crapshoot, pretty much like I'm out of control and frequently fighting the game, which is vastly different from my previous 2K experiences over the years.

With so many gamers here who love it, though, I'm assuming I'll come around. But we'll see. I dig just about every other non-gameplay aspect of 2K16 (classic teams, create-a-team, franchise, re-location, etc) so struggling with the controls and responsiveness has been a little bit of a bummer for me.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 AM   #44
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I love the game. It's incredible but I have to agree. The controls are frustrating unresponsive. I've had many a rage about input delay and that's OFFLINE for me.

Defense and trying to stay with your man is a nightmare. Offensive moves, dribble wise are all there for us, but the delay makes it incredibly tough to get past defenders.

And don;t get me started on passing......good lord.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

In terms of player movement and perceived lag, have you tried increasing the game speed? That always makes dribbling and shooting seem more "responsive" to me, simply because it's quicker. Passes have a lot more zip on them too, so no more slow floating passes to wide open guys. If you're on default 50, try raising to 55. May take a while to get used to, but it should feel more "responsive".

Can't help with the directional passing sorry. If there's multiple players in the same vicinity, I guess it's hard for the game to differentiate who you're aiming for. I almost always icon pass for this very reason. Have you tried the other settings, such as openness and...? I've blanked on the other option.

Last edited by TheWood56; 03-29-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

Controls def need to be fixed. A lag on a pass is the difference between an assist and a turnover. Multiple times a game i'll set up a play and go to pass the ball and it will take a second to register, by then the player I was passing too will have ran the ball into the path of the defender.

I also feel like im fighting the game as was mentioned above.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #47
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Never fiddled with the controls before but I wonder if 2k already has the option to have what I call "Directional position passing" and if not have they ever considered it? How I would describe it is that each position of the left stick(Ex: up-PF, down-C, left-SG, right-SF) would correspond to a positional player on the court in conjunction with a pass button. Now if you are attempting to pass to the PG with one of those players you would simply push the stick in the direction of that player (ex: Pull down as C to pass to PG, Push to left as SG to pass to PG, etc)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 03-30-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #48
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963

Sent using a telephone
There is a brief amount of time, like maybe a week after the new game comes out where things feel "off." After a week or so I usually get the feel down and then I play every night until the new one comes out again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »