Home

Is there a known method to fix the transition defense yet?

This is a discussion on Is there a known method to fix the transition defense yet? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a known method to fix the transition defense yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I pretty much do almost everything suggested here except that I can't stop it consistently against guys who have mastered it.

It is usually at it's worst when I'm playing OKC, and Westbrook or Durant is receiving the ball at halfcourt. Usually they get a dunk, and-1, or go to the line for 2.

I want to believe they switch the camera view before games to that baseline view one so they can inbound to half court consistently. With the broadcast view I usually can't tell where my man is and sometimes he's out of bounds when I'm trying to get him to stand up in the paint.

My PoI are usually:
Neutral Offensive Focus
Patient Offense (Affects stamina but it seems I can't inbound fast consistently like others)
Crash Offensive Boards (Limit transition does nothing so I just crash)
Protect the Paint (Since 95% of 2K players just forces it in the paint)
Play Physical Defense (Will change depending if they are drawing fouls a lot)
Crash Defensive Boards (Because I hate giving up second opportunities)
Send double teams to slow them down. Play small ball and use big men with high speed ratings and as soon as you score turbo your center back on defense. Put your best defender on their point guard to try and slow them down. Don't try and steal the pass. Odds are you will completely whiff on the steal and will be out of position. Worst case scenario just intentionally foul your opponent if your players aren't back on defense and you have no way to stop it.

You would also be better off using the 2K camera. I've been playing with the broadcast camera since 2K12 but this year I had to switch to the 2K camera so I could see down the court and defend against the football passes.

You can't really stop it every possesion but you can limit it and save a few point every game doing this. It sucks but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »