Home

Isaiah Thomas in 2k

This is a discussion on Isaiah Thomas in 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Isaiah Thomas in 2k

Why can't I play with or against Isaiah Thomas. He is outstanding for a 5'9 point guard in real life. Last night I played an opponent who had the Celtics (I had the 01' Lakers). I put Kobe on IT. And IT pretty much was useless (blocks, miss after miss, you name he missed it). So I felt really bad for my opponent. So I played my next few games as the Celtics. I was like "maybe it was a user error". And he didn't know how to use a player like him. And man I didn't fair any better with him.

Every player I've played with has some of sort strengths to his game. But because IT doesn't have much defense. It's basically playing 4 on 5. I'm no boston die hard by no means. But I can't imagine trying to play with him all the time and then watch real life IT get in the lane easy.

But I'd love to hear peoples opinion's. Current rating are posted below.

This was from last nights game in real life.

Attached Images
File Type: png 2016-04-07_11-39-34.png (419.7 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by jeebs9; 04-07-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Isaiah Thomas in 2k

I've played as the Celtics a few times in MyLeague and anytime I drive to the basket with him, it's pretty much an automatic blocked shot. I've found that you really have to get him open in space to be effective. When he has room, I can get 20 out of him pretty consistently. Being so short really works against him in 2K, tho.
#WeAreND
Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0

Well a certain 2k worker thinking Isaiah and Celtics won't ammount to much might have something to do with it.

https://imgur.com/a/ZD2uO
Old 04-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I kind of had a mini breakthrough playing with Thomas and the C's online.

First, I don't know what to do about his jump shot...I can't nail it consistently for anything...

but as far as finishing,. using the angled layups with the stick has helped a lot.

I had been trying to go right at guys like I do with other players and getting annoyed, but I found doing the down + away layups at the rim will put him into more creative finishing animations.

He still needs work though...guys like him and lowry are harder to produce with than they should be.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

I have a lot of success with him, but I have to play him off the ball, I start him at the 2 I run double screens to get open and go straight to the rim, he's the only player that I do the spinning layup with, you can draw a lot of fouls that way and sometimes and 1s

Run pick and rolls, I will be posting a play that will get him open all of the time .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #6
MVP

Height plays more impact in 2k than it should. This is why people are ok playing Muresan as C against amethysts/Diamonds etc or Eaton last year.

Short players like Paul/Thomas have difficulties, while the best short man ever player AI who was one of the kings of driving is almost a certain block when he does drive
Old 04-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #7
Pro

I always get blocked as hell with him, doesn't matter if i split the defense with hefty crossovers or cut to the basket i always somehow get blocked. I think 2K have serious trouble to replicate some players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 04-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #8
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Vertical ratings dont matter, and the layup animations for small guard are to slow and weak. When everyone has the same jumping animations and their feet all leave the floor at the same height, the short players are screwed over. They need to have different jumping animations to reflect the ratings. IT gets off the floor quickly irl not represented well in 2k. 5 or six different jumping heights is all you need.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »