Home

__________Elite Contoller remapping + xtra buttons (paddles) has a huge impact

This is a discussion on __________Elite Contoller remapping + xtra buttons (paddles) has a huge impact within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
__________Elite Contoller remapping + xtra buttons (paddles) has a huge impact

i just picked one up and was wondering who else has

and if it affects gameplay as impactfully as i'd like to think.

also wanted to know your specific new lay out after remapping

and your logic as to why it improves your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: __________Elite Contoller remapping + xtra buttons (paddles) has a huge impact

Don't see why it would have any impact whatsoever... Those controllers are specifically made for games that you need to be able to press a button while keeping your thumb on the analog stick. They're made for first person shooters so that you can jump and slide while maintaining control of your movement without having to let go of your aiming stick to reach up and press jump.. There's not a single situation in 2K that using a controller like that would affect you since you can both shoot AND pass with your right analog stick.

They were made because Microsoft was losing out on money by people buying Scuf controllers.

Last edited by DakkoN; 04-10-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: __________Elite Contoller remapping + xtra buttons (paddles) has a huge impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Don't see why it would have any impact whatsoever... Those controllers are specifically made for games that you need to be able to press a button while keeping your thumb on the analog stick. They're made for first person shooters so that you can jump and slide while maintaining control of your movement without having to let go of your aiming stick to reach up and press jump.. There's not a single situation in 2K that using a controller like that would affect you since you can both shoot AND pass with your right analog stick.

They were made because Microsoft was losing out on money by people buying Scuf controllers.

use your imagination bro.

not sure u actually considered my question.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 AM   #4
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

I considered it, it just isn't very logical.

I've played the 2K series for more than half of my life and I had a top 50 Pro Am team that didn't rely on Break Starter badge and zone defense to win games. I'd think that I know enough about my controller to know that there's not a single instance that having pass, shoot, rebound or any other activity on the back of my controller when I can easily perform them with my thumb. This isn't Call of Duty. Running in a straight line and pressing a button isn't as complicated as boost jumping sideways while trying to keep aim on someone.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
I considered it, it just isn't very logical.

I've played the 2K series for more than half of my life and I had a top 50 Pro Am team that didn't rely on Break Starter badge and zone defense to win games. I'd think that I know enough about my controller to know that there's not a single instance that having pass, shoot, rebound or any other activity on the back of my controller when I can easily perform them with my thumb. This isn't Call of Duty. Running in a straight line and pressing a button isn't as complicated as boost jumping sideways while trying to keep aim on someone.

for example,

if your paddles were extra pass buttons

your right thumb could stay on stick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

You can pass with the right analog stick already... Your thumb can already stay on the stick.. Also, when have you ever needed to press the right stick and pass button at the same time anyways? There's nothing in this game that requires that simultaneous control.. It's one or the other, not both at the same time like a FPS shooter.

Last edited by DakkoN; 04-11-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
You can pass with the right analog stick already... Your thumb can already stay on the stick.. Also, when have you ever needed to press the right stick and pass button at the same time anyways? There's nothing in this game that requires that simultaneous control.. It's one or the other, not both at the same time like a FPS shooter.

cmon man your leaving out the fact what your suggesting requires an RB press

thats wasted effort the stick eliminates.

obviously
Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

You're wanting to waste money on a $149 controller that does absolutely nothing to improve your play in a basketball game and you're lecturing me on unnecessary button presses? Gotcha.

Expecting a controller designed for FPS to improve your play on NBA 2K is like buying a $150 HORI arcade stick for anything except for fighting games. Like I said, that Elite controller was made SPECIFICALLY because Microsoft was losing thousands of dollars to Scuf because of the increasing popularity of Scuf controllers in the Call of Duty community.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »